Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Question Wire Feed attachment for Miller 225

    Hi Arc Masters, I have a Miller 225 Arc Welder and a 90 Amp "hobby shop" wire welder, I like to wire weld but my Wire Welder has only a 10% Duty Cycle, you know that means for every minute I weld I have to let it cool for 9 minutes, can't get much done that way. Is there a wire weld attachment for a 220VAC
    Stick Welder? I thought about making one but the circuit board overwhelmed me! Maybe someone has put together one that works. Thanks for your help!
    Budbuc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Your feeder probably has a 10 % duty at max load, sooooo, if you weren't at max load your duty cycle increases besides most of these units have a thermal shutdown

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Budbuc,
    Your Bobcat 225 should have a 240 vac receptacle on the front. Depending on how old it is, it should run a 240 vac welder such as a Millermatic 180 or 212. The plug on the Millermatic may be different, but you can put a new plug on the wire welder or make an adapter.
    I hope that helps.
    Have a great day!

    John Leisner
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

    Owner and user of:
    Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
    Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
    Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Smile

    Thanks much John, My Miller 225 is old and does not have a plug on the front,
    but I can attach one through the cabinet. Thanks for the help....budbuc

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller John View Post
    Budbuc,
    Your Bobcat 225 should have a 240 vac receptacle on the front. Depending on how old it is, it should run a 240 vac welder such as a Millermatic 180 or 212. The plug on the Millermatic may be different, but you can put a new plug on the wire welder or make an adapter.
    I hope that helps.
    Bobcat???
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budbuc View Post
    Hi Arc Masters, I have a Miller 225 Arc Welder and a 90 Amp "hobby shop" wire welder, I like to wire weld but my Wire Welder has only a 10% Duty Cycle, you know that means for every minute I weld I have to let it cool for 9 minutes, can't get much done that way. Is there a wire weld attachment for a 220VAC
    Stick Welder? I thought about making one but the circuit board overwhelmed me! Maybe someone has put together one that works. Thanks for your help!
    Budbuc.
    You can always run a VS feeder off the Bobcat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    You can always run a VS feeder off the Bobcat
    Where did this Bobcat come from?
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budbuc View Post
    Is there a wire weld attachment for a 220VAC Stick Welder? I thought about making one but the circuit board overwhelmed me! Maybe someone has put together one that works. Thanks for your help!
    Budbuc.

    Sounds like a ThunderBolt to me or at least a shop welder of some kind.

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Townsend, TN
    Posts
    10

    Default Wire Feed attachment for Miller 225

    Thanks for all the replies I got, seems I didn't make clear what I was looking for. I was talking about a Wire Feeder attachment for a Arc(stick)Welder, like an Oxomatic or a Miller CP200. The ones I have found cost more than I need to
    invest for home use. I want to know had anyone built one for themselves. Thanks again for your response.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atl, Ga
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Something like this?
    Miller Super S-32 CC/CV VS suitcase feeder. Comes with 12' Tweco 400 amp gun and .035" drive rolls. Make me a reasonable offer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.