Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    Theres a Toll store in Edan Prairy. That would probably be closer to you. Have you herd of Deltak? There in Plymouth. There not far from the Toll in Plymouth. You should stop by tomarow if you know where they are. We manufacture boilers and heat exchangers for refinerys and stuff.

http://deltak.com/downloads/SBS.pdf
    I will see if I can swing by when I pick them up. I went with the Plymouth stort because that's their HQ and where they work on them, and since I had them in the co. van, I figured why not just take them there before work. I'll let you know when I will be getting them, see if I can stop in for a min or 2 to check out your work, sounds like you make some cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    cool i was just thinking the expense of the MIG atachments for the XMT are close to the $ of a new MM212 and every thing else the XMT dose is also doable by the Dyn300. thats why i was confused as to why get that set as aposed to a DYN300 for TIG/Stick and then a nice new MIG unit like the MM212 or 252.
    unless you got a smoking deal on the XMT it would seem like, for the price of the XMT & the needed stuff to make it MIG, you could just get a new MM252 or a MM212 & spool gun. that was my thinking, nothing against the XMT its an excelent choice, just not the choice i would have expected from one with a Dyn300 thats all.
    not that i would turn it down if offerd.
    Well, I got the XMT package for about 4k, and a little less for the Dynasty. They have between 1 1/4 and almost 2 years of warranty left on them, and looking at them, they seem almost new. I guess thats a pretty decent deal for them, though not cheap, thats for sure... I will post some pics of my new babies when I get them home from the shop. Now only if I could use them here...

Why don't you have power to the new shop yet?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I got the XMT package
    so its all set up to mig then , cool.now comes the really hard part, the wait till you can turn them on.
    congrats on some great new toy's
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Why don't you have power to the new shop yet?
    *sigh* Because we had a baby last Oct, and all work on the shop came to a screeching halt. I started working on it again in late May, but it's been in fits and starts. I have to get the insulation up, since I just got done reinforcing my rafters, so I can hang a beam from the ceiling, to attach a lift to.

That part is now done, so I can start hanging the insulation, get it inspected, then do the sheetrock. Get that inspected, then finish up the electrical inside (no small task, as I have to get the rotary phase converter wired in there correctly, and to finish up all the outlets), and then have NSP hook up the 400 amp service.

THEN I can start welding (and everything else!)

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    I got the XMT package
    so its all set up to mig then , cool.now comes the really hard part, the wait till you can turn them on.
    congrats on some great new toy's
    Thanks, just got a call from the shop, everything tested out perfectly except for my push-pull gun, it appears that something had crushed the conduit, and doesn't work well. I am having them do the repair, sounds like it's going to cost about $80 for labor and around $140 for parts. Oh well, at least this way it will be done correctly, and if I have any issues, it will be my welding, not the way I put the torch together. I am going to have them show me around the units when I pick them up, I might even take a couple classes up there before I pick em up, that way I can learn on my own gear. I'm getting pretty excited about all this, can't wait to get going!

You want all your wiring done before you insulate unless you're only using hard foam on the interior.

My shop will have foam on the outside of the sheathing, then glass inside. Should work out to a nice sound barrier and keep the heater from working too often.

How did you re-enforce the rafters? How much load are you expecting your beam to handle and how big is the beam? I'm actually building my crane right now - before the walls go up.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

well, seeing as how I have completely hijacked this thread I think I will resurrect the one I started last fall on my workshop. It's over on the Motorsports side, I believe. Sorry, Bert, this one kinda got away from me

i think the thread had already run its corse.
    no painting of tanks without first getting the go from the filler first.
    best option is to make a cover for it.
    other than that its a risk that could result in a minimum of needing a re-cirt test befor they will fill, that is only $19 here but may very from place to place.
    happy welding, hijacking, and painting to all.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

alha,
    no need to apologize! I find that I'm hijacking a lot of other threads, and I need to stop that!!!
    I apologize to all you others also!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time