Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

what type of paint did you guys use?????
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    4500 when diving though it seems like some of the dive shops like to skimp a few hundred pounds on you at times . Everyware i dove in caymens gives you about 75 pounds extra. They realy treat divers well down there.
    Very true, I've had many good experiences down in the Caymans, I usually dove with Fisheye, they had some great dives (night dives, wall dives, it was quite cool ) Like many who've posted, I've kinda let it slip too, though I am planning to get my 15yo daughter certified in the next year or so, so maybe then I will get back into it. Not a lot of good diving in MN, other than in superior, and can you say dry suit?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by alha View Post
    Very true, I've had many good experiences down in the Caymans, I usually dove with Fisheye, they had some great dives (night dives, wall dives, it was quite cool ) Like many who've posted, I've kinda let it slip too, though I am planning to get my 15yo daughter certified in the next year or so, so maybe then I will get back into it. Not a lot of good diving in MN, other than in superior, and can you say dry suit?
    Square lake over by Stillwater is one of the best lakes in the state for diving. Theres a few realy good lakes but you have to look for them. Are you looking for a dive budy next summer? Cause I am if your interested. When are we gona meet up and swap info? I have that info on sheilding gas you were wondering about. I went on 3 wall dives and 1 night dive in the Caymans. The night dive for me was cut short because my BCD wouldn't stop dumping air. Did you go to stingray city? I did and it was sweet! I was down there for 7 days on a dive trip. I went on a total of about 38 dives when I was down there. It was awsome but man was I tired after that trip, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Cayman's...from the pics I see, it's better than Hawaii!!!!!!
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    Square lake over by Stillwater is one of the best lakes in the state for diving. Theres a few realy good lakes but you have to look for them. Are you looking for a dive budy next summer? Cause I am if your interested. When are we gona meet up and swap info? I have that info on sheilding gas you were wondering about. I went on 3 wall dives and 1 night dive in the Caymans. The night dive for me was cut short because my BCD wouldn't stop dumping air. Did you go to stingray city? I did and it was sweet! I was down there for 7 days on a dive trip. I went on a total of about 38 dives when I was down there. It was awsome but man was I tired after that trip, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
    Oh yeah, did Stingray city, was a hoot. I haven't been diving for a while now, it's high up on my long list of things to do 'one of these days when I have more time'...

Square lake is probably the best small lake diving in MN, but once you've been to the Caymans.. well.. ya know. Probably won't have much time for it in the next few years, maybe one trip down south if the older daughter ever gets her certification, but with the new little one, there isn't an excessive amount of free time available for fun stuff like that.

Sure, I would like to get together and get some info, etc. Things have been pretty hectic recently (like usual). I just did a 1600 mile road trip yesterday, rented a minivan and picked up my 2 welders, the XMT350 and the Dynasty 300 from Indy and Chicago. Man I'm tired, 23 hours straight on the road, but they are home and in once piece! No Ace Ventura shipping nightmares for me.

The Dynasty is in mint condition, I think he used it 2 times. The other is in VG shape as well, just a little dusty, was in his shop in his barn/workshop. I'm taking them to Toll in Plymouth tomorrow morning, having them go thru 'em both, test them, etc, to make sure they are in tip top shape. They both are still under warranty, so I figured why not, as I still don't have power to my workshop yet. Can't wait to try them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Cayman's...from the pics I see, it's better than Hawaii!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, other than the Red Sea, the Caymans arguably have the best diving in the world. Compared to Hawaii, the water clarity is usually better (depends on the season, of course), and there is much more to see when you're down. If you haven't yet been down there, I would suggest taking the trip, soon. The way things are changing in the oceans, it might not be too long before it has the same experience that the great barrier reef in AU is currently undergoing, and that would be very, very sad.

Cool great set of toy's.

Sure, I would like to get together and get some info, etc. Things have been pretty hectic recently (like usual). I just did a 1600 mile road trip yesterday, rented a minivan and picked up my 2 welders, the XMT350 and the Dynasty 300 from Indy and Chicago. Man I'm tired, 23 hours straight on the road, but they are home and in once piece! No Ace Ventura shipping nightmares for me.

The Dynasty is in mint condition, I think he used it 2 times. The other is in VG shape as well, just a little dusty, was in his shop in his barn/workshop. I'm taking them to Toll in Plymouth tomorrow morning, having them go threw 'em both, test them, etc, to make sure they are in tip top shape. They both are still under warranty, so I figured why not, as I still don't have power to my workshop yet. Can't wait to try them, though.

long trip, but man thats some nice cargo. it would really be a bummer to get a good deal only to have the shippers trash it for ya, something about welders, they just attract lazy, worthless, careless handler's like magnets. must be the transformers or some thing.
    good idea to pop them in the shop for a good once over wile you get the plugs ready at home. will be nice to turn it on for the first time, and know its all going to be good.
    congrats on the new toy's, boy are the next few days waiting to get to play with them going to be long ones.
    i get the dynasty, but with it (the dyn300), why the XMT also?? you got a special plan for it ? seems like a duplicate to me??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

fun, when I decided to get my workshop set up, I planned on (within reason, of course) having the availability (the skills are a different matter entirely) to weld whatever happened to need welding, if it was Steel, ok, if Aluminum, good too. MIG, TIG, Stick, with the 2 of them, I think I will be covered for all eventualities. One has the MIGrunner package, the other has the TIGrunner package. I understand there is some crossover between them, but from everything I heard and read, this would be the way to go to be able to cover all my bases, and since the price was right, I figured I would do it once, and hopefully be done with it for good.

I can't imagine that I will ever wear these things out, they are industrial tools, and I am planning on using them in a small shop environment. Maybe someday if I get good (and creative) enough, they'll get used a bit more intensively, but for now, I think I'd like to start to crawl, before I walk, much less run... So much to do, so little time to do it in.

Of course, it will be brutal, having them both in my (still uncompleted) workshop, just sitting there, with no power, staring at me saying "Well, MAKE something. Use me. Don't just stand there with that look on your face. Come ON." Huuuuuuuuuuh.

I think this might end up being my biggest incentive to get this thing done, other than the jabbing remarks I got the other day about her actually being able to park her car in the garage in Which winter was that now...

alha,
    nice equipment!!!
    I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...

Talking

Theres a Toll store in Edan Prairy. That would probably be closer to you. Have you herd of Deltak? There in Plymouth. There not far from the Toll in Plymouth. You should stop by tomarow if you know where they are. We manufacture boilers and heat exchangers for refinerys and stuff.

http://deltak.com/downloads/SBS.pdf

cool i was just thinking the expense of the MIG atachments for the XMT are close to the $ of a new MM212 and every thing else the XMT dose is also doable by the Dyn300. thats why i was confused as to why get that set as aposed to a DYN300 for TIG/Stick and then a nice new MIG unit like the MM212 or 252.
    unless you got a smoking deal on the XMT it would seem like, for the price of the XMT & the needed stuff to make it MIG, you could just get a new MM252 or a MM212 & spool gun. that was my thinking, nothing against the XMT its an excelent choice, just not the choice i would have expected from one with a Dyn300 thats all.
    not that i would turn it down if offerd.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES