Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    would the enamal have an efect on the tank?? or was the baking the problem as it caused it to become brittle and burst insted of streching a lil bit when filled??
    eather way, that dose sound a bit past a badness happend.
    The heat definitely messes up the works. I haven't been diving since the 80's, even though I'm advanced open water with add on credentials. Then new higher pressure tanks had come out, but not many were in use then, because most foreign dive shops didn't have compressors that could take advantage of them. What the status on that is now, I don't know.

Yes it was more than badness, it involved a death for one person, and a loss of an appendage for another.

Even though I think welders would be aware of the effects heat could have on metal. I thought I would point this incident out.

r90s

P.S.
    Back from the stores and looked at my post again.
    Reason for posting this info in a welding forum, and nothing else meant by last sentence.
    Last edited by r90s; 07-10-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Sounded Funny

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137