Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Painting Your Tanks?

I got a oxygen tank from a garage sale a few months back. Big tank, nice but ugly as heck. For some reason, the guy thought i would be nice if it was yellow, but I'm not into that....Since this isn't a rental, I want to repaint it. what is the best way? Sand it down, wire wheel with the grinder or chemical gel paint romover like naval jelly? Any ideas or things that might NOT be good?
    thanks in advance
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

painting a tank is a no-no, most places wont fill a freshly painted tank. they make you get it certified again.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

ok, that's stupid! Any other comments???
    (thanks James)
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    ok, that's stupid! Any other comments???
    (thanks James)
    How is that sutpid? He was tellin you the facts incase you were to run into that.
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    How is that sutpid? He was tellin you the facts incase you were to run into that.
    I agree with Weld_13. If you paint it they'll wonder why sometimes? Damage, repairs, etc. Have them fill it once and then tell them your going to paint it so it's all on the up and up. It's their a** on the line if they fill a bad tank and something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfmanJack13 View Post
    I agree with Weld_13. If you paint it they'll wonder why sometimes? Damage, repairs, etc. Have them fill it once and then tell them your going to paint it so it's all on the up and up. It's their a** on the line if they fill a bad tank and something happens.
    reread and dont think he meant the post was dumb just the rule. sorry
    welding...its awsome