Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

couple more:

You're welds appear to be overheated and contaminated. Make sure to clean the material of all mill scale and dirt/residue before welding. In a few of the pictures, your tungsten looks to be sticking out way too far causing you to lose gas coverage. The bead is inconsistent and lumpy.. you really need to practice laying down a consistent bead without overheating before welding the real deal. Practice, Practice, Practice

I noticed you're using magnets near one of the welds also. I dont know if you experienced this, but in my experiences this will cause an erratic arc and it makes it very hard to even get a decent tack weld, much less a full bead.

I see some gaps in the fitup of the tubing also. This will cause you a lot of headaches especially when welding .035" wall tubing. It makes it hard to get a decent bead, and it makes it very easy to blow a large hole. Try and keep your tubing fitup very tight.

Im not bagging on you, just some constructive criticism. You gotta start somewhere and weve all been there before. Good luck with your project.

I got magnets on fire, and made good amount of holes.

How do I know overheating?
    and ye, I forget to clean stuff before I weld.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145