Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kjmaloney Guest

Default Econo Tig or Dynastry 200

I知 relatively new to the welding scene and am currently enrolled in a welding class at the local technical college. I知 doing this just for fun and hobby. The class is 3 months long and you get to use all the equipment they have.

I really like TIG welding and my instructor likes the work that I do. Here is my dilemma: I知 looking at buying a TIG welding and have kind of narrowed it down to the Miller Econo TIG or the Dynasty 200. I would greatly appreciate it someone could share with me the pro痴 and con痴 of each machine. Thanks.

If you're choosing between those 2, DEFIANTLY!!!!! the Dynasty MUCH better machine....Many more features.

The syncrowave 200 is far better than the econotig if you're looking for a smaller packaged machine. I owned a tigmate (hobart colored econotig) for 9 months to teach myself tig on, and looking back I would've been better off getting another unit. The price was right on my machine though.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

at my school we have an Econotig, its a nice machine to learn on, but I'd go with something with more amperage and features since your purchasing a machine

SRL

I've got a econotig, and its a good machine,,,,,, but.....

I've often times wished it had a little more output, especially all those times it shut itself down on it's overheat/thermal cut out switch when I was doing big projects.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

if you have the $$ the dyn200 is the way to go . its the best lil TIG in its class and well abouve the econo TIG. the econo TIG in many cases gets sold as soon as the lerning curve is over as its low output and people out grow it quickly. if you have the power to feed it and the space the syncro200 would also be a great choice.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I bought a Syncrowave 200 a while ago, the salesman never even mentioned a dynasty, but all seem to love it here.

What are the working differences between the sync & dynasty ?

A dynasty would have fit under the counter much better !
    SyncWave 200, Linc 140 Mig, Linc 40 plasma

I was going to buy the Sync 200 at the last tent sale, but they ran out! I got a Dynasty 200 instead when I found out it was a better machine, 'specially to TIG aluminum! Balance has a much wider range than the Sync, and I've heard too many stories on how the econotig just doesn't do enough for them.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

kjmaloney,
    just saw when this post started!!! OOPS!!! did you get anything yet?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

What are the working differences between the sync & dynasty ?

A dynasty would have fit under the counter much better !

the Dyn is an inverter so it has more arc controle, frequency ajustability much better pulse options and willl run on a 30 amp circuit as well as its capable of running off 110V power. take a look at the spec's on the Miller dyn page to get a better idea. its more controle, nothing wrong with the syncro200, its a great option i would love one. just cant feed it. had to go inverter
    i'm realy happy with my TA-185, its getting the job done just fine, some day i'll get a dyn200DX if i come into some $$.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES