Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default My Summer Project-Warning Long Slideshow

Great Board! A lot of good information and Ideas here. I thought I would share my latest project.

This summer I decided to build a BBQ pit. When I started I really didn't know much about BBQ pits. I studied some of the BBQ forums and magazines and made a drawing of what I wanted. It is amazing these days what you can find in terms of information if you dig hard enough. I found calculations for getting the heat to flow, ideas for insulating the firebox, and even added a sink to this thing.

I used a Miller 212 with spoolmate for most of the welding, and for some of the smaller stuff I used my Hobart 180. For the cutting I used Spectrum X-treme 375 plasma. I did a whole lot of cutting! So far I am very happy with all my Miller products! My plasma had a small problem when I first got it, but as it turned out it was crap in my airline that caused that, Miller was great in helping me diagnose and even sent me a new part to fix it. This was after they we found out is was my problem. Thanks Miller.

Well here is my slideshow. It is kinda long, but it is start to finish.
    http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=4675c7d7.pbw

Here is a pic of the finished pit if you don't want to see the entire slideshow:

Last edited by bullet280; 10-21-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Smaller Pictures

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137