Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Justin,

There's a company called SoundDown (located in FL I think) that specializes in reducing noise levels from boat engine rooms. They sell a lead shield, foam backed product that does a tremendous job. Seems the real trick is to search out and eliminate all free air flow. They actually showed me with their equipment how much noise will travel through a 1/4" dia. hole.

I used them to insulate the engine room on a 72' Bertram Convertible I sold to a European client. Good people to deal with.

I'd do an internet search and contact them with your information.

Are you sure you want to sound proof a dyno room? Can you imagine how lowd it will be when you open the door and all that sound comes out at once?

Default Sound Room

Ive done a few radio stations, Many Moons ago,and we used sheet lead, almost what a good mason uses for flashing,,Light enoung to roll out,and staples it to the doors,that we insulated the inside!!!!!!!!! worked great,couldnt here the cop cars go buy all day,as the studio was close to the main drag!!Just my 2 cents!:

The sound of door can be reduces in number of ways. Such as use of carpet
    piece on the bottom of door reduce its resistance, which reduce the sound.