Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MM251 Question

Hybrid View

Cool MM251 Question

My brother has a MM251 used it 4 times for about 6 hours each time and now it has sat for about 4 months now bought it brand new got own bottles the whole show for this thing and now it sits.

My Question is will anything happen to the machine like the circuit board or anything internal I don't know if it is in a damp location or not but still it is a paper weight now but will it become useless down the road what exactly will happen to this machine?

mine has sat for some prity long pereods over the last 6 ish years with no i'll efects and i am defenetly in a damp enviorment. i think it will be fine till he needs it again.
    biggest problem will be the wire spool will get serface rust on it. but you can still use it or just role off about 25-30ft and its clean again, or was for me. if he is concerned he could take the wire off and store it in the house in a controled enviorment.
    Last edited by fun4now; 07-06-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool

Hey fun4now Thanks thatís exactly the answers that I'm looking for. It might even sit for 1 to 2 years I hope not but it's his machine. The funny thing is though he can't even plug it into anything where he lives because his landlord doesn't want any of that going on in or around his house. So I said to my brother get a TB 302 and run it off that so I don't know what he'll do I just wasn't sure how long these machines could sit for with out benign used. So once again thanks.

i think i would plug into the dryer outlet and weld in the bathroom.
    bummer about not being able to use it at his house, you could always offer to store it for him. if its going to sit that long i would defenetly bring the wire in and just throw it on a shelf over the kitchen cabenets or some thing like that, but the welder should be fine in the garage. mine lives in an unheated (except when im in there) shop/wooden shed here in NY.
    i would probly blow it out with some air befor starting it up if it sat that long also. just to get any dust out of it. i blow mine out every 6-12 months depending on usage but always atleast once a year, although now that i keep it coverd its much cleaner inside.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Mine sat for a long time also, got some surface rust on it, ran out 'bout 30 ft and welded like I just bought it. No problem, but he won't let you use it?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Cool

Hey bert my brother is funny that way not a chance. He would rather see it root in the ground before anybody could use it If he can't use it then nobody will.I have my own stuff and this is one of the reasons why.He's right to a point I guess if I or anybody else breaks it then if there ever came a time that he needed it well it's broken and in the shop for repairs right so if nobody uses it then there is no chance for it to get broken right so about this time you are now shaking your head saying to your self that's a fucCed up way of thinking well it's his machine he can do what he wants with it.But then I don't loan anything out either if something breaks I want it to break on me because I can't mad at my self. But then I use my stuff after hours and most weekends.