Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KBar View Post
    You could always go to a scrap yard too and pick up a piece of pipe or a water tank from a well. I saved a 10 gallon water tank from a scrap pile, took the bladder out but thats all the farther I got. I plan on making it into a hitch mounted smoker. The metal on that is a little thicker than what you find on a store bought charcoal grill.
    ya i think im gonna look around for an air compressor tank or propane tank the size id need. i saw one today and they had turned the opening in the top of it into where the smoke stack came out. ill have to get another small tank for the smoke box though

Quote Originally Posted by Leons2003 View Post
    The tube is 3/16" wall, so there is not much wobble at all and w/the set screws torqued down will eliminate any slop.

I built this for the nephew who manages a fastener co., so that is where the SS fasteners came from, cost wise, most matl. was left overs from previous projects, except he did buy a sheet of SS expanded for the fajita grill, the pit grill was SS screen from a traveling water screen co.s scrap bin. So really one has to do some scrounging.
    ok thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    You know they have bolts at Lowes too

i dont wanna bolt the smoke box to the grill. thats not heavy duty enough for me

alright i went out to look at some grills for ideas and i found exactly what i would spend hours building for $90... so i bought it. now ill only have to fab up the mounts and stuff. its by new braunsfels smokers and its the little hondo jr smoker- $89.99
    Last edited by jackh; 10-19-2008 at 06:19 PM.