Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default How to build these type of tube mounts?

Is this just bar that has been bored out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

It appears that thay have been drilled and spotfaced OR had a plug pressed inside of a short piece of tubing. Hard to tell as they are blurry and there is overspray on the face surface.
    Last edited by Bodybagger; 10-11-2008 at 09:34 PM.

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Looks like a solid piece of round stock was drilled and turned. A piece of tubing was fishmouthed and then welded to the other piece.
    John

Millermatic DVI
    Millermatic 375 xtreme
    And a brand new Syncro 200!!!

Cool

How many do you want????....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Well just 4 that would be nice but it be nicer if I can make myself too! But I can't drill out round stock like that big

Why noy just use tubing??
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MrBurns View Post
    Well just 4 that would be nice but it be nicer if I can make myself too! But I can't drill out round stock like that big
    All you need is a metal lathe and some time...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48