Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubing notcher

I have the JD2 notcher and it works great up to 60 degree but after that you have to be creative. I found at a tool auction a old bridgeport mill that needed a motor for $350.00 that takes care of the steeper angles that I come across in some chassis that I build.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KC1; 10-11-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add picture
    Kenny Compton
    Cuttin,Grindin, Weldin, nutten better
    KCRacecars@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post
    I got to go be on that Monster Garage TV show and the notcher they had was the slickest thing ever. Quick to set up super quick to make the cut, would change diameters in the blink of an eye and the quality of the cut was fantastic. If money were no issue this is the kind!!!
    TJ
    You were on the Monster Garage show? what episode?

A lot of people like the JD2 notcher. I have used it at work and it was good.
    However I bought the protools notcher for my personal shop and I like it a little better than the JD2. Both are ov good quality, but the protools' angle vise is better made and uses a heavier back plate and a little larger shaft.
    I say go for the protools one, but either one would fit you just fine.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137