Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Starting out to be another bad year for the rig welders, KEEP your shop job for as long as your can!

im pretty sure there is alot of work around edmonton.. fort mac as well... try companies like flint (i got an offer in pincher creek as well as fort mac with them) cannonbe.. phoenix or ledcore... those are a few companies my buddy told me about. im a nothing lol... im just taking my c ticket in bc and i was offered jobs so im sure you should do alright..

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by griff01 View Post
    Someone got their feelings hurt.

Give the man a break. He just asked a simple question.

Griff
    That same someone would also have had a tough apprenticeship if they were an Ironworker!

Default A-holes

What is it that makes some people feel that they are better than others? Welding is a simple trade that 99% of human biengs could do with about 12 months of training. It doesn't take a rocket scientist's brain to weld. Anyone with a 70 IQ or better can weld - and weld RIGHT. Get over yourselves you proud a-holes! You're JUST a weldor!

Quote Originally Posted by jerems View Post
    Get over yourselves you proud a-holes! You're JUST a weldor!
    Acutally, you can teach just about anyone to run a bead with a Mig in a few minutes.

That does not make a person a "welder"

BUT.....after years and years of training and testing, and thousands of hours under a hood improving your skills, I do not see why it is negative to develop a sense of Pride in what you do.

Manners, is a whole other topic altogether.

Nice to know that you look down on welders so condescendingly.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

im pretty sure you drive a car, fly in an airplane, climb a metal stair case, use an elevator, or pretty much anytime you are around metals that has been fused together which could potentially hurt or kill you if those welded areas let go i think you should be pretty glad that not just any human can call themselves a welder..

as for field work i read my earlier post and wow.. i wish i did actually hear a bit of work with some of them but thats not the case now... a couple guys from school are looking for work.. ones a "B" level and hes looked as far as ontarion he said with no real luck.. another just finished his "A" level and hes been up around edmonton twice now as well as sending resumes off to several other places with no luck... myself im thinking if i can afford it im going to continue on and do my "B" level right after my "C".... its a good time to be in school.. good luck.
    P.S. watch the jay leno promoting welding video on youtube lol, good stuff.
    Last edited by blazin454; 05-03-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Default Alberta Field Work

hey man, try to get a job with the Boilermakers union 146, i know that i see tons of jobs on the website for work in edmonton and north, check er out

My cat has worms!

They have pills for your cat's worms. As for jerems I would hand em my hot lead, pause by the welder to max the heat setting and go on to the next project.

Default Finally, the truth is out about us welders.

Quote Originally Posted by jerems View Post
    Welding is a simple trade that 99% of human biengs could do with about 12 months of training. It doesn't take a rocket scientist's brain to weld. Anyone with a 70 IQ or better can weld - and weld RIGHT. Get over yourselves you proud a-holes! You're JUST a weldor!
    I love this guy I myself am just a stupid, lazy, no good welder. If we are '' a dime a dozen'' then that must be why I only make a dallor a minute. Have a wonderful day.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch