Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dynasty 200 DX

Question Dynasty 200 DX

I'm Looking to purchase a new Dynasty 200 DX what are everyone's thoughts on this machine?
    Thanks in advance, Dan
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 251

Best in its class.

I have had mine a little over a year,no problems at all[except operator error],Stick welds great,even runs 6010s fine ,with dig set at 100.
    Ihave tigged a fair amount of SS with it,very smooth arc.
    I will warn you,the machine makes a lot of noise,sounds like some type of bomb getting ready to blow,all kinds of little buzzes and strange electronic stuff,but I am told that is normal.and it must be because mine welds fine.
    It is a lot of money,but it is a great machine.

Between that and a Mig you got it all for motor sports. Boiler is right, dont overlook that its a good stick machine too. There is a time and place where the 120V option might be good.

I bought a new Millermatic 212 last year. I really wanted a more portable Tig that could lay beads down like the 180 does. The price isnt really that bad anymore. I just submitted a PO from work and I can get the Dynasty with the contractor package along with the fingertip torch for 3100.00 shipped.
    Dan
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 251

I have a similar combo mine are older models but I have a mm210 and a Dynasty 200dx and honestly I don't believe there is a more formidable combo, for mig and tig then these two machines. It covers all the light to middle guages extremely well. With these two machines I have covered most work and rarely found need for more machine. I do also have a XMT300 and m64 wire feeder but have really only needed its top end a few times above the capacity of my mm210.

The Dynasty is my favorite Tig that I have used, its wave form shaping makes doing even the thinnest of Aluminum sheet metal a proud moment. I have welded down to .008 sheet in lap joints and been WOWed by its abilities. It makes me look like a better welder than I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Seaman View Post
    The Dynasty is my favorite Tig that I have used, its wave form shaping makes doing even the thinnest of Aluminum sheet metal a proud moment. I have welded down to .008 sheet in lap joints and been WOWed by its abilities. It makes me look like a better welder than I really am.
    Are you referring to the newest dyn200? can you describe how the new waveforms affect alluminum welding?
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Default dynasty 200

I totaly enjoy my 200. the buzz of the freq dosnt really bother me, just got to remember to push the right buttons before flipping down my hood..
    trailblazer 280 nt with 3000 hrs and running strong
    today I bought a new trailblazer 302
    and a new s-32p

dynasty 200 dx
    maxstar 140
    passport
    XR pushpull
    spectum 500
    cutmaster 50

wonderful machine!! like said above that machine and a mig and your set for pretty much everything!!
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE