Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Stolen Rig Is Found

Stony plain rcmp called me last night to tell me that 40 or 50 km west of edmonton and about 4 or 5 miles south the truck was found abandon in a farmers field. The owner of the land went to look at some of his livestock a.ka horses and seen the fence had been cut for them to drive thru to a remote spot where they began to tear anything and everything nice that you can look back at from the pictures i showed you all. Even the airbags were taken off and parts of my 6" procomp suspension were dismantled.Ripped the turbo out of engine with my cold air intake too. The tow truck driver from spruce grove called meadow lark towing couldnt tow it cause there was no wheels or rims so they dragged it thru the mud onto a trailer and took it back to there yard, i believe its in the railcar yard or something.So if any of you live near spruce grove you can drive buy today or tommorow and take some pictures of it and send it to me as hard as it will be too view them.andygriggs2001@yahoo.ca Youll get a chance to see how nice the rig was at one time..

Life goes on and so do i, thanks alot guys. One last pic for her to rest in peace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only positive point is that you have CLOSURE.

You seem tough enough not to let it get you down, so take it to heart I and the rest of real rod slingers feel your pain. I know I would have loved to run up on those Cowards during the act.

Well saddle up and carry on, as thinkin about it will only make you sick..

GOOD LUCK, now get busy building the next truck with LOJACK...

Tough luck miller101. Where was it parked when it got heisted? I park mine every time in the garage when I'm home but when I'm on a hotel job I keep her as close as possible to my room with the window open a bit. Hope insurance doesn't give you a rough time. Do you have something to keep you going?

I think that truck was high jacked with a tow truck. Not much you can do about that other than track it with a GPS locator beacon.

I guess it's good that it was found but that really sucks that people have to do stuff like that to other peoples property.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Did they take the Welder? I am sorry for your loss!

It was parked about 4 feet from my hotel room door i practically could have touched the tailgate. The Outlook motel on highway 16 just as you pull into Sherwood park coming in from the Saskatchewan way. Lots of transient traffic. The night before a guy had his window smashed in his truck and had **** stolen. That should have been my cue to get out but the room was cheap. Ya they took the welder and skid and everything. I think the pricks offloaded the welder at a garage, then drove it to the remote place because they needed the tires and so forth to get there and dismantled it.Probably used my torch to cut the studs of the rims.

If you check my prior posts youll see a pic of the rig my buddy is borrowing me. Insurance may try to get me to take the truk back but theres F all left so no way. I heard them drive away that night but there were lots of diesles parked there and i am a heavy sleeper. I already have looked at alarms and a unit out of calgary for 500 to install and 50 a month you have 27/7/365 days a year gps.

I'm sorry about the loss, you should be allowed to TIG weld your name on their asses.

One of the best ways to keep a vehicle from being stolen is a fuel, starter, or ignition kill. A cleverly hidden switch, solonoid, valve etc. can work wonders. Good theives will be familiar with off the shelf products, if you do it yourself they have to figure it out. GPS (lojack), kill method and pager alarm make a nice combination.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Was the truck plated in Sask. or Alberta?
    I can't see how insurance would try and make you take the truck back... but they've probably done stupider things!
    Well with any luck some of your stuff will turn up and maybe it might help lead you... I mean the police to the culprits.
    Did you have any of your tools marked?
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251