Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Trailer Tongue Stand

Greetings.

This is my first attempt at this, so please be gentle.

I am very new at TIGing & am constantly attempting to find new ways to learn.

A friend at work asked me if I could build him a stand to elevate the front of his boat trailer.

Of course I agreed. Below is the pic of the completed stand.

I could have MIGed the entire thing & done it a lot quicker. Some of the welds are pretty good, with most being only average (or below). I had a great time doing it, & actually it turned out pretty decent.

He will have to cut the center post to fit, since he didn't tell me how tall to make it.

Jerry in Anchorage
    (PS The rain coming down was just a bit lumpy -- can't use the "S***" word, yet.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the S word Snow or Sleet?????Nice stand, looks quite useful, Thanks,Paul
    More Spark Today Please

Default The "S" Word

You just had to ask didn't you?

This was taken only a couple of hours after the pic of the trailer stand.

The leaves aren't even down yet. Those flakes are huge!

Only 7 more months till spring.

Jerry in Anchorage
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jerry

Nice stand you made there, I like it. As far as the snow, send all the pics you want, just dont send any of the real thing down this way
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default Nice Stand

I like your stand.

I can't quite tell from the pic, what are you running vertically?

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Default Stand Material

The whole thing was made from leftovers.
    The short piece that the center vertical fits into is a chunk of one inch ID square tube with approx 1/8th walls. It is about 6 inches long.
    The center tube is one inch OD sqaure with 0.080 walls.
    I clamped the short piece in the mill/drill & ran a 3/8 drill repeatedly through it with the spacing (on the inner piece) at one inch on center. I figured that way, every hole would fit, & they did.

My friend at work was thrilled with it.

He is an A&P mechanic for the air charter company that I fly for in Anchorage.

Jerry

Thumbs up nfinch86-CANADIAN WELDOR :

Quote Originally Posted by muskt View Post
    The whole thing was made from leftovers.
    The short piece that the center vertical fits into is a chunk of one inch ID square tube with approx 1/8th walls. It is about 6 inches long.
    The center tube is one inch OD sqaure with 0.080 walls.
    I clamped the short piece in the mill/drill & ran a 3/8 drill repeatedly through it with the spacing (on the inner piece) at one inch on center. I figured that way, every hole would fit, & they did.

My friend at work was thrilled with it.

He is an A&P mechanic for the air charter company that I fly for in Anchorage.

Jerry
    HI JERRY; LEFTOVERS or NOT ;Great Job looks like you know what you are doing; Enjoy!!!.... Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com