Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default where can I find TIG weld instructional info

IM making decent strength welds with my miller tig but Im surely in need of more info and practice to get them looking a bit better, Im not in the market for, or in the finacial possiability of upgrading my old miller 330 amp tig yet
    so any links to basic tig instruction might help and be appreciated

At the top of this page, on the resources tab, improving your skills.
    HTH
    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank

thanks, I don,t know how I overlooked that

Read everything you can on the Miller site, there's a bunch of stuff that's easy to over look so study the main age and the links in the sub pages carefully..

here's one of my favorites as well
    http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

smartflix.com
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Default Covell DVD

The Covell video covers basic technique and gotchas very well in it's 80 minutes.... recently bought a copy as a gift for a beginner friend..(as well as the lincoln square wave tig 175 that i really did not need). I have been tig welding for a very very long time... and was impressed by what was covered in such a short time..
    Hope this helps
    Heiti

Lightbulb

this is the download page for the Miller TIG book.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/TIGhandbook/
    its the same book that comes in the student package ( package price $25) its covers a lot for inverters and transformers. i got the package, well spent $25
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Welding videos and instructions