Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_486 View Post
    Yeah they're all close in price. Did you notice their magnetic drills and annular cutter machines? I don't knokw what Hougen's price on a model capable of 2 3/8 on 2" steel would be but I'll bet it's a lot higher than the 1,200.00 that Evolution is priced at. I know you can't get a Milwaukee mag drill for 475.00 either and now the Milwaukee is built overseas now too.
    Yes, their mag drill prices are very good. 2 of my next purchases will be the Rage 2 and Bora 2800, or whatever the number is on their low-line mag drill. I don't foresee needing a mag drill often enough to justify spending over a grand on one, but I would like to have a reasonably priced one to use once in a while. Too bad they don't make concrete core drills, I'd be interested in one of those by Evolution too.
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

Quote Originally Posted by dseman View Post
    Milwaukee was sold by the Swedish firm Atlas Copco to the Japanese firm, Techtronics, in October 2004. It hasn't been in American hands since 1995.

Evolution saws and blades are from Sheffield, England.
    Milwaukee has been sold again. Now they are owned by the same conglomerete that owns A E G and Ryobi tool co. Check out their new angle grinders; They are cheap Chinese made trash. Milwaukee is taking away the consumer's ability to choose between a cheap base tool or a better made ( high end ) tool from the same manufacterer. Make sure you E-mail Milwaukee and tell them what you think of this, I did.

i still like my milwaukee saw.

shown here with a newly sharpened blade.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by davinci2010 View Post
    Milwaukee has been sold again....Check out their new angle grinders; They are cheap Chinese made trash. Milwaukee is taking away the consumer's ability to choose between a cheap base tool or a better made ( high end ) tool from...
    Just another reason why I get my angle grinders at Ho Chi Mein Freight. On sale the 4 1/2" is less $20 bucks. IN 3 years I have had only one fail and I took it back and got an exchange for it with no hassle and no cost.

I looked and the new line of Fein out of Germany, very good stuff, well designed and looks to be the very top of the line. CERTAINLY top of the line in price. I have less $ in my 10 HF units than it would cost to buy one Fein.

That said I think it would be impressive to have about 10 of those Fein's hanging in my shop. But if I walked in a shop and saw them I would know right away I could not afford the shop rates.

By the same token if I stopped off at Carroll Shelby's fab shop and saw a bunch of HF grinders hanging on the wall and I was there to have my Shelby Cobra resto'd I would question their work and prices I am paying for that resto job...as much as $250k. (I DO NOT have a Shelby anything, just an example here).

Guess it comes down to having the tool fit the work.
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Well, you guy's finally made me pull the trigger...should have my Rage 2 by friday
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 View Post
    Well, you guy's finally made me pull the trigger...should have my Rage 2 by friday
    I think you'll be pleased with it. I know I love my Rage3. Just wish I could have found an American built saw though.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

I thought about the rage 3 but, never needed to make a compound miter in steel before (now that I said that I might have a project that needs one someday ) I like the larger capacity of the 14" blade though. My saw didn't come in Friday guess it will be here tomorrow.
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

My rage 2 finally came in yesterday. Only made a few cuts with it so far, but love it!!! It cuts 3" 3/16th thick square tube mild steel like butter! Very happy I made this purchase.
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

I've got the Evolution Raptor 14" saw and it was a good investment. Nothing wrong with the Milwaukee saw as it is made in Taiwain and has a good reputation, I just wanted to try the Evolution saw. Everything I have read leads me to believe the Raptor in made in the U.K. but it may be made in China. even if it is Chinese it seems to have some quality about it. It cuts 1/4" wall 2" by 2" square tubing like butter and leaves no burrs. I'm thinking about buying the 9" metal cutting saw for cutting plate.

Quote Originally Posted by davinci2010 View Post
    I've got the Evolution Raptor 14" saw and it was a good investment. Nothing wrong with the Milwaukee saw as it is made in Taiwain and has a good reputation, I just wanted to try the Evolution saw. Everything I have read leads me to believe the Raptor in made in the U.K. but it may be made in China. even if it is Chinese it seems to have some quality about it. It cuts 1/4" wall 2" by 2" square tubing like butter and leaves no burrs. I'm thinking about buying the 9" metal cutting saw for cutting plate.
    B.T.W. Just bought one of the last 4 1/2" 12 amp super magnum Milwaukee grinders that are not Chinese that I could find. They have about 3 of them left on E-bay $105.00 - free shipping!