Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer ramp

Default trailer ramp

SkidSteerSteve brought up a point I forgot to mention about tailgate angle. If the top of your trailer deck is 16" or lower 4' will be o.k. Anything over 16" and you will need to go longer or jack the front of the trailer as mentioned by SkidSteerSteve. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

It's 18" at level. I guess a 4 1/2' should do it. Thanks again everyone.

mattf301, I tried to load my cad software in this new computer and am still having problems with it operating properly. When I can get it to operate correctly I will send you some drawings if you still need them. Dave

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

great looking trailors. how do the folding wheel shucks work?? do they fold back into the bed or do you take them out and flip them or some thing?? i think i just figured it out but you could still share the secret.is it just held at the angel by the wooden deck or do you have some thing built into the hinge to stop it at 110%?? man you make nice stuff. i'm going to remake my quad trailor and some wheel stops would be nice. being as its going to be 2 quads deep i will need to run over the first set to get onto the trailor
    as for the removable gate, what do you use just a large pull out pin in the hinges????
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default fun4now

The wheel chocks have another piece (not pictured) that attaches and holds it stable. With the piece (not pictured) removed you simply fold the wheel stop over flush to the deck. The chocks are mounted to the trailer frame and are permanently attached, no need to remove them, just fold em down. As for the hinges I use 3/4" i.d. seamless tubing to make my hinge barrels and 3/4" round stock for the hinge pins, I weld a washer onto one end and I drill the other end of the pins for removable clips to hold it in place.
    I've attached pictures of a double quad trailer that you may be interested in, it's a side load trailer. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 07-06-2007 at 08:10 AM. Reason: found another side loader I've done and added it as pic #5

has anybody made a tilt bed trailer wide enuff to fit two side by side? not shure if one was made that way if it would be too wide. ive got a tilt trailer now but its not wide enuff to fit 2. thanks
    welding...its awsome

dabar39, great looking trailors as i would expect from you.
    mine will have to be multy purpose also so i dont know if it will have sides or not, but if it dose they will likely be removeable. some great ingenuity in those designs, thanks for the pic's.
    weld_13, my last trailor was a side by side version. i made it out of a car dolly with a removable platform for hauling the quads or other stuff. took off the platform and it was a car dolly again. i still have the platform but my brother lost the car dolly part. it was not that wide about 7ft i think i'll have to go mesher it for you. but its verry doable. i supose the with would depend on the type of quad though, i dont know if they are all the same or not, all mine are drive shaft mellow versions and all the same with give or take a few inches. but the raceing-dirt monsters might be wider, probly be best to mesher first, then build.
    now if i can just get the time to build the trailor i'll be good to go. i got a fair amount of stuff to build with just need to sort it out and decide on a form or methode to get it done, then find the time wile the wife can wach the kids so i can play.
    its tuff haveing the shop and all the stuff i need to do and be home all day unable to go out there and play. usualy by the time the wife gets home my back is about finished for the day and i still cant go play till after an houre laying down. then i get out there and she is calling me back in for diner.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg its enough to drive ya nuts.LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Exclamation

almost forgot, i have to take this into acount also.(see pic)
    the white are codean, the purple are morphine 30Mg's. i think i now know how they killed Elvis.
    i was stocking up my dayly pill holders yesterday and stoped to look at all the freaking pills i'm on. that metal tray is 9.5" X 5.5", and the pill trays are just part of the monthly suply i still have another bottle in my pocket for realy bad times during the day.
    man i am realy screwed up. so for you yunger guys out there remember take care of your back even if it means saying you wont do something without a crane or lift. you are not inveincable, trust me. one day im a healthy carpentry forman the next im under a knife and eating a pan full of pain pills every month just to take the edje off.at age 35 broken for life. as for you older guys im shore you already know or have had a few close calls to tell ya. it dont matter how strong you are, your spine can only take so much, even if your arms and legs can take more.
    i should start a warning, dont end up like me post with these pic's. i never payed that much atention to how many i took till i saw them laying in a big pile, holly cr@p!!!
    oh ya, and i got another few bottles of pills to keep the bodily functions working, those were just the ones to help with the pain part.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

heres an idea to ad if ya want to be lazy http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...K&hotline=null
    welding...its awsome

thats prity neat, and not that bad a price considering what it is with electronics and 2 electric pullers i dont think i could buy the parts and make one like it for that price. although i could rig something up with a $40 HF winch and some pullys if i wanted one.. ..i been broke too long, im getting realy cheap.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES