Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Crankshaft Fab table

Wanted to pass along an idea I cooked up. I bought a junked 302 motor to build a conference table out of and came upon a slew of parts to recycle. As I stared at the parts, I thought about making them more shop useful instead of recycling in normal scrap yard terms.

I grabbed what I could for a balanced weight at the bottom and added the crankshaft as my main section. It had a great natural balance and I added a 10 inch section of pipe to the top of the crank for a custom fit to my height. Welding the 1/8" thick pipe was quite tricky to the cast crankshaft but it worked out great. I also added some support underneath through 1" solid steel tubing to support the 1/2" plate at the top.

The mini fab table can hold a great deal of weight and is easy to navigate around. My intentions for it were to work on motorcycle frames, possible grind stand or to place a shotbag on and pound out sheet metal. Quite happy with it overall and will be building another one soon.

also used 2 carpet samples at the base to muffle any banging, wabbling or scraping on the concrete floor.

Last edited by Rusty Knuckles; 09-24-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: checking the images

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.