Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post
    As you can see I fixed the issue of where in the world I am, thanks for pointing it out.

Underbid all you want, just play on the same field as the people you are competing with. If the people you are taking work from are not licensed bonded and insured then more power to you.

Clearly that is not the case, or you would have humbled your self.

I did start out day one with a bond liability insurance, work comp insurance, followed two weeks later with the two licenses I need. Total spent $1900.00.

Bye.
    That guy was pissed!!
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Exclamation Nice Response!!

As you can see I fixed the issue of where in the world I am, thanks for pointing it out.

Underbid all you want, just play on the same field as the people you are competing with. If the people you are taking work from are not licensed bonded and insured then more power to you.

Clearly that is not the case, or you would have humbled your self.

I did start out day one with a bond liability insurance, work comp insurance, followed two weeks later with the two licenses I need. Total spent $1900.00.

Bye.
    Wow!! You are angry. Maybe, you should move to a non-populated place like Alaska!
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

I didn't see all of the "anger" in the post, but maybe it was there. I did notice the he posted some info about how he started in business, as per the OP questions.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

I don't see the anger, but I don't try to read into posts more than is there.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Might be she is just stirring up the poo?

Since this was about pricing to some extent, I am not familiar with other general fabs in my area but my rate is 75 (when I do this work) and I usually am the one counting the hours. Example, I fix a piece of logging equipment the other day in shop, I worked on it for 6 and billed for 8. Several factors, one being that psychologically they feel a lot better about paying 75 vs the 100, it came in at 2 and they picked it up in the morning and I did it myself and didn't pass it off to the hired help like the last outfit that repaired this highly stresses part did. With some improvement I did they will likely never have another problem, they got their moneys worth.

Might be she is just stirring up the poo?

It's the written word, so you can type a message and fling it out into cyberness, let 10 people read it and they will have 11 different takes on it.

I don't get all hurt easily but a lot of internet people do. I have "spirited" conversations every day with friends of mine. My own Lovely Wife/Chic says that people don't know how to take me (in person) so on the interweb, I'm a lost cause

Either way I don't read excess into anybody's posts. And I don't get wound up if they read excess into mine.

But that "boy this guy is pissed!, wow, your angry " comment, come on dude, it's just not there and even if it is what's the big deal. Major over reaction. You expect this kind of thing from the "kinder gentler tree huggers" but good grief man it's a welding forum. Develope a thicker hide if it's just too brutal for you but people goof on each other, they dog on each other and they rag on each other in my world. It doesn't signify an "angry" individual. It's just "another" day in the life.

Don't let people rent space in your head.

JTMcC.

"Don't let people rent space in your head", interesting quote JTMcC.

Also, I had been looking for your truck in town (Phoenix) for a while with all the work on the Trans Western line coming through Prescott and into town. Lotsa rig welders. Never have seen it, not that that means much, but I was lookin'. I no longer work for the Gas Co so am not around it a lot any longer but it looks to be an interesting project. My wife and I were on our way up to our place in Crown King and I had to stop and look at one of the control valve installations, as thats the work I had been doing, very interesting and those guys did not waste any time. I was surprised how quickly they made it through BCC and into Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    "Don't let people rent space in your head", interesting quote JTMcC.

Also, I had been looking for your truck in town (Phoenix) for a while with all the work on the Trans Western line coming through Prescott and into town. Lotsa rig welders. Never have seen it, not that that means much, but I was lookin'. I no longer work for the Gas Co so am not around it a lot any longer but it looks to be an interesting project. My wife and I were on our way up to our place in Crown King and I had to stop and look at one of the control valve installations, as thats the work I had been doing, very interesting and those guys did not waste any time. I was surprised how quickly they made it through BCC and into Phoenix.

I have several friends working on that spread, but I've been working well north of that job. The last two years I was on the KM line from El Paso to Tucson.
    The Phoenix area traffic just drives me nuts, I really like to stay in the rural parts of the country. The last work I did in the area was on the SanTan Powerhouse expansion, we did the cooling water fab for PKS. I'm up in Chino Valley last week and next, welding a little bit of 36".

JTMcC

Interesting. I hate going into Phoenix too, and try to keep my work in the New River-Cave Creek area, but more and more am forced into driving south. Pm me next time your working down here, maybe I can meet up with you.