Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for all the great ideas!!! Sorry for the late "thank you" but I've been away.

I think I'm going to hit up Gander Mountain or Bass Pro and try the bags of lead shot. I'm looking at adding @50 lbs so I think that might be the easiest way to go. I've bought bags before to use in my shaping bag and I remember it being heavy and cheap.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Try a tire shop. They pay or get very little to have old lead taken away and I bet they would be glad to give you as much as you wanted. if you want to freeze it in place to prevent shifting or rattling you can use fiberglass binder. It is cheap and hardens fast. Mix it up and pour it in on the lead weights to lock them in place. Too bad you are not in the NOVA area I could set you up with as much as you want.
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.