Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default spinner target- small second project

I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

Last edited by Johnny; 09-19-2008 at 08:35 AM.

It looks good, what Caliber bullet are you shooting it with, it doesn't looking like it would take much more than a 22 to penetrate straight through.
    Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Default Target

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

So you used all thread with stainless tubing for the spinning part? Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets? It's way strong!
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Johnny, there is no limit as to what you can do. I'd hate to think about not having a welder since I can "fix" stuff that other people just look at and scratch their heads.
    Jim

Default Nice Job

I like it.

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Got busy and ingnored my own posting- shame on me.

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday I shot the spinners at 50 yards regretfully only hitting the bigun 3 out of 5. This was only ever intended for use with "adult air rifles" and a .22lr would probably pop its cork. The small target is 7/8" and the large one is 1-3/8"

As far as this question:
    "Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets?" I am too cheap to use my very limited stainless stock and the solid steel upright could be beaten into hard/dry clay repeatedly.

Here's my favorite squirlling gun (air rifle) in .22:

After recently adding a 7-shot magazine and bit of bling using muriatic acid to remove blueing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-02-2008 at 03:16 PM.