Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Organizer Box Rack Part 1

I haven't been doing much welding for little over a year now, due to another addition to the family. So it was nice to finally be able to drag out the chop saw and welder to make some noise.

I built a rack to hold my organizer boxes and mount it under my work bench. I refer to this as part 1 since I still need to build a second rack that will be suspended over my work bench. While there isn't anything really fancy about this project it was probably one of my largest projects when it comes to the number of individual pieces that make it up (about 100 individual pieces). I hope to have the other rack done in a couple of weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bart; 09-18-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Default Nice Work

I like your rack!

What are you storing? Tools, parts???

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Quote Originally Posted by FormerTankSarge View Post
    I like your rack!

What are you storing? Tools, parts???

To rows are just grade 5 and 8 nuts and bolts. The third row is restored hardware for a couple of project cars, that has been re-plated or oxidized.

That's something I'm going to have to immitate at some point. Great job, and great idea! By the way, that's a good looking little guy. What was he fixin' on the boat?

hey thats a really good idea. I've got a ton of those organizer boxes, but no nice way to store them.
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    That's something I'm going to have to immitate at some point. Great job, and great idea! By the way, that's a good looking little guy. What was he fixin' on the boat?
    Thanks, just teaching him the pleasure of changing the oil.

Great idea and super nice job. Thanks for posting it.

Nick reminds me of our 29yo about 26-1/2 years ago.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Thumbs up cool

great looking rack. i wish i was as organized as that.
    just wondering about support to keep it from sagging?? i don't see any angled supports, or a solid sheet in the center or ends? or even a connection to the top of the bench ? have you considered some thing along those lines or is weight not an issue ?
    is it SS or is paint next ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    great looking rack. i wish i was as organized as that.
    just wondering about support to keep it from sagging?? i don't see any angled supports, or a solid sheet in the center or ends? or even a connection to the top of the bench ? have you considered some thing along those lines or is weight not an issue ?
    is it SS or is paint next ??
    Its made mostly of 1/8 flat stock, but across the top and bottom I have 1x.065 box tubing. The shelf arms are attached to 2 flat stock running vertically and a 1 flat is tacked perpendicular length wise to the 2 flat to give it some back bone so it wont flex. Most of the boxes way probably about 5 to 10 lbs, I have a couple that are about 5-20 lbs. I attached a picture that shows better how it was built

I'm waiting to finish a couple of more projects and then send them all out to be sand blasted and then into the spray booth for primer and paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bart; 09-24-2008 at 09:19 AM.

Great Idea. Thanks for the pics.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com