Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Some ideas please.

I've been asked to make a mount for an M16 w/ M10 bayonet attached to be used for a "Missing Man" /"Fallen Man" display. Those with military experience will know what I'm referring to.

Normally we set this up outside and stick the bayonet in the ground which is the normal setup. However, this time we are setting it up in a hotel conference room for our annual reunion.

One thought is to split a 4X4 (Cedar) and carve the blade depression in both halves then glue them back together. This will be mounted on a metal base with stabilizing legs. I can do this without much trouble but thought I would see if someone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance for ideas.
    Last edited by Old Sporty; 09-18-2008 at 03:11 PM.

You could take the base of an office chair, with wheels on it.

If you remove the chair, you are left with the rolling base, and it has a hole in it that is just about the size of a bayonet.

Just an idea.. I kind of like your idea better though.
    Read or submit reviews of Lincoln, Hobart and Miller Welders atThe Welder Shop.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.