Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Memorial Cross

Default Memorial Cross

Dabar39's cross for his cats reminded me of this cross I made last year as a memorial for my aunt and uncle to hang in there house. Randy and Kay Metzler were good family friends there were killed on there motorcycle (while riding with my aunt and uncle) when drunk driver made a left turn in front of them. The meaning behind it is, Randy was a mechanic and owned his own shop, he lived for wrenching, the Harley emblem was off their wrecked bike. I had the stainless steel name plate laser marked by one of the guys I work with. The wrenches are welded together, then I welded 2 framing nails on under the Harley emblem and filled the back of the emblem with JB weld and sunk the nail heads into the JB weld.

-Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Very nice job
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Very nice. A unique way to be remembered.

Very nice tribute, very fitting and very tasteful. It will last as long as their memory does. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

It's perfect

Wonderful when you can use your gifts as ....um , er...gifts

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX