Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Posting Pictures on the Forums

Hello all,

I've written a little how-to that I would eventually like to add to our FAQ.

If interested, please take a look and let me know if you would have anything to add to my instructions. Thank you!

Attach a photo:
    - Initiate a new post/thread by clicking the "post reply" button within
    a thread, or clicking on the "new thread" button.
    -Click on the paperclip within the tools on the "reply to thread" area.
    -A little drop-down menu will open, with a menu item that says "manage
    attachments". Click on "manage attachments".
    -Click the "browse" button.
    - Another dialog box will open called "choose file". Navigate to the
    location of the photo on your computer, select it, and click the "open"
    button. This dialog box will now close.
    -You're back on the "manage attachments" dialog box. Click the button
    that says "upload". You'll see it appear in a new area called "current
    attachments". Go up to the upper-right and click on the link that says
    "Close this window".
    -Back in your message area, click the paperclip again. You'll see your
    new file available in the drop-down menu. Click the photo file name. A
    link to the photo will appear in your message area. Do not alter this
    inserted text or the link will not work properly. Once you submit your
    message, the link will appear differently.

If you have your photo on a Web site, you can also attach a photo's URL
    (Web address) and upload it from your server. (this can either be
    accomplished through the "manage attachments" area or by clicking on the
    "picture" icon in the tool bar, the yellow picture of mountains and a
    sun.) You also have the ability to upload a photo from your computer by
    typing the path to the photo, such as C:\desktop\images\photo.jpg Note:
    If you delete or move the photo, I believe the photo will no longer
    display on the fourm.

Thumbs up nfinch86-CANADIAN WELDOR :

GREAT INFORMATION! Very Helpful.
    Last edited by nfinch86; 08-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Lightbulb

Please mention resizing to 800 x 600 max. Larger won't fit on many screens anyway.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Don't forget it's easy to resize your pics using the Microsoft resizer!!!!!!!!!!
    fun4now turned me on to it, It's AWSOME!!!! SUPER easy to use, AND it saves your original (large) pic, so if you want to print it up, the larger file size make a great pic on photo paper!!!!!!!! Here is the link.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

If this doesn't work for you, put in a search for "photo resizer" and you will have a list to choose from
    Last edited by Bert; 11-30-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: spelling
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Don't forget it's easy to resize your pics using the Microsoft resizer!!!!!!!!!!
    fun4now turned me on to it, It's AWSOME!!!! SUPER easy to use, AND it saves your original (large) pic, so if you want to print it up, the larger file size make a great pic on photo paper!!!!!!!! Here is the link.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

If this doesn't work for you, put in a search for "photo resizer" and you will have a list to choose from
    For those of you running MAC/APPLE and having to take one too many steps for resizing: Run XP on your APPLE machine with VM Ware or Parallels and simply drop the resized file on XP (via the MS picture re-sizer) into your mac folder, then add to the forum. Extremely easy, as it PS CS3/4, and even Preview actions. Just my thought if you are running XP as a Virtual Machine on your MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    For those of you running MAC/APPLE and having to take one too many steps for resizing: Run XP on your APPLE machine with VM Ware or Parallels and simply drop the resized file on XP (via the MS picture re-sizer) into your mac folder, then add to the forum. Extremely easy, as it PS CS3/4, and even Preview actions. Just my thought if you are running XP as a Virtual Machine on your MAC.
    WHOAA......!!!!!!!! WAY TOO MUCH COMPUTER GREEK FOR ME
    'cause I not be apple person
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Sorry man!

Bert,

Sorry man. Just a minor fix for those running windows XP on a MAC. I have a little time on my hands with this 19 years+ marriage ending in divorce. I am a welder/business man by trade with a good knowledge of electronics, schematic reading, computers/servers: Windows, MAC, and other OS's, utility contractor, etc. Too many irons in the fire, almost 50 years old and feel like I am starting over.

Run XP on my Mac? Might as well stick some square wheels on my Truck while I'm at it
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Run XP on my Mac? Might as well stick some square wheels on my Truck while I'm at it
    Carlson and Auto CAD just don't like a MAC. Man the video and photo possibilities are nearly endless. I use Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop CS3. My son prefers Final Cut Pro and Photoshop CS4. Any thoughts on a good video capture card? I take it your run MAC?

We don't do any Video, just Still Photo Digital capture. I have a few friends in the Video world I'll ask em' and send you a PM.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus