Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Bad day at the Homestead

I had to do a project today that I never want to do again.

Early this morning I heard a racket outside, dogs start barking, I jump up throw on some clothes real quick and go outside to see what's going on. Made it outside in time to watch both of my cats chase a Possum out of the trash can and into the street, the possum made it across, the girls did not.

Both of my girls were hit by the same car, both died instantly, both will be missed tremendously. They were sisters and did everything as a team, I figured it best to bury them as a team. They were just barely 4 years old.

Here is the Cross I made to mark their Grave site. I made a spot to place their vaccination tags in the center of the cross. You'll notice only one at the moment belonging to Libby hanging there, I will be getting a replacement tag for Matty and placing it on there later as hers was damaged real bad.100_0822.jpg
    100_0825.jpg
    SUC50010aa.JPG
    SUC50044.JPG
    SUC50894.JPG
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default loss of your pets

I also am sorry to hear of your loss. I know how attached to a pet one can get. I have a aussie that has been going to the shop with me every day since he was small enough to hide under my toobox. Keep on smilin' cause we all share your loss. jb

Default Sorry

Very sorry for your loss, as mentioned in all the posts, they are family.

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

About 10 years ago I had to put down my Lab who got very ill and was suffering. She grew up with my 3 kids and I felt like I was putting down my child. I let the vet do it because I couldn't, but I stayed with her to the end.
    Two years or so ago we got a new Lab from the pound and he helped restore part of my soul that was gone. Man, its so tough that I don't know why I keep getting pets.

Default To Dabar

Dabar,SOrry for your Loss,I lost my german shepard,anw with these great home owners policys,,there on the "HIT" list,and Never ownen a cat in my life!,,Some scum bag dumped 2 cats off at my old shop! They become Kids,, they dont take the German Shepard's space,But they know when your down,,,as you can tell im a animal nut also,,Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I can find a ins co,, My dog stayed inside,and if i was a burgler,and saw those teeth at the atrium doors,,,Im going to another House,,and its been 2 long,,But the cats still wait for bandit to come in fom playing,,Its sad!!!!!

Eveyone told me to get another rite away! I should of!!!!!!that was before the Ins went Nuts! Get 2 new Kittins,,cant replace them,But it fills a big void!!!! Best of Luck!
    He sure looks like he had a tough life,,got him when he was 8 weeks!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by storts; 11-04-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Dabar, very nice memorial, sorry to hear about your loss. Time heals all wounds. It does get harder as we get older and I swear everytime that Im not getting another until I look into those sad eyes that say pick me, pick me.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Also sorry to here of your loss. Our dog is close to us & just like a member of the family.
    252 Miller Mig
    180 Synchrowave
    R - 45 Milling Machine
    Kingston 1100 Lathe
    Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Very sorry about your loss dabar.........If you love your pets as I do mine, I know how you feel. If you see my site and see the memorials in the name of
    KATO.....a CHOW of mine...........Skippy and Sherry.........two ponies of mine...Hootie...another Chow of mine......Miko.....another Chow of mine. That
    is why I started doing the memorial plaques. I use to do them by hand and when I built the CNC, I can make them a lot nicer. My pets are my family also. Sorry again
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

dabar, I'm sorry to hear about your cats. I too own a cat and never thought that I would be so attached to a pet. The cross is a very nice memorial to them.
    Jim

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about that. I lost my Golden Retriever about 2 1/2 years ago and one of my daughters cats earlier this spring. It sucks - not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Like Monte55 and metal-doctor said - they are family. I'm sure they had a good life. I'm also a firm believer that God judges one's soul by the way they treat their pets. The best thing for me to do was to, not replace them, but rather add more members of the family....
    Attached Images Attached Images