Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SinGear,

No problem with a C25 (75%Argon,25%CO2) being stored/used at 22 degrees.

I would think that a CO2 bottle would be alright also, but, since it's a liquid under pressure, I wouldn't go any more than that.

Most gasses (O2, Hydrogen, Helium) can be stored at an angle.

You do not want to lay an acetylene bottle on it's side since it contains acetone.

Propane also should be stored/used upright since it's in liquid form.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceman73 View Post
    The only real way to check your weld penetration, is to cut it. Appearance looks good, but didn't see much undercut.
    Very true, however seeing as how that's the frame jig for my motorcycle, I believe I'll lay a couple coupon beads and hack those up.

On a serious note though, what do you mean by undercut? I'm headed to the glossary of terms so I may answer my own question before you get back.
    MILLER 180 W SPOOL GUN
    MIller CP 300 w/S22-A Feeder
    Miller Syncro 200
    Miller 375 X Plasma
    Miller Elite Hood
    JD2 Bender
    Tube Notcher
    Horizontal/ Verticle Bandsaw
    Makita Angle Grinders
    Arsenal of handtools
    Evolution Raptor dry saw
    Single Stage 60 Gallon Compressor
    Delta Drill Press

"No fear to learn by doing", and a degree in Redneck Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    SinGear,

No problem with a C25 (75%Argon,25%CO2) being stored/used at 22 degrees.
    How is it you managed to leave off the only other bottle I have, Argon 100% which I'm gonna go with ok on as well
    MILLER 180 W SPOOL GUN
    Miller Syncro 200
    Miller 375 X Plasma
    Miller Elite Hood
    JD2 Bender
    Tube Notcher
    Makita Angle Grinders
    Arsenal of handtools
    Evolution Raptor dry saw
    Delta Drill Press

Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    That's hilarious, never heard it before. Could you please post it on a couple a threads we have going around here

And also, what's a coupon bead?
    Coupons= small pieces you practice/ test on
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sporty View Post
    NOT COOL!!! AND ALSO NOT FUNNY!!!!
    Sporty, hey sorry if that offended you, I have a couple of friends as well as a family member that is mentally challenged as well as physically and yet joke quite freely about their disablities. Sometimes you have to joke about life and what it deals ya rather than treating it like the pink elephant in the room.
    MILLER 180 W SPOOL GUN
    Miller Syncro 200
    Miller 375 X Plasma
    Miller Elite Hood
    JD2 Bender
    Tube Notcher
    Makita Angle Grinders
    Arsenal of handtools
    Evolution Raptor dry saw
    Delta Drill Press

SinGear - Yes, it did deeply offend me. I have worked very closely with the physically and mentally challenged over the years and don't find any reference to their challenges in the least bit funny. They are people that deserve and earn their respect the same as the rest of us. You won't find a more giving group of people on this earth. Their sole goal in life is to be accepted and to make everyone proud of them and their accomplishments.

Having lived my entire life with a physical impairment that makes me different than "normal" people, I'm particularly sensitive to statements such as the one posted. I didn't let it stop me from doing what I wanted and had a very successful career in spite of it.

Unfortunately it is common in our society to demean persons who are different even in a small way. Even though a person with a difference may smile and brush off a joke about their condition, my experience has been that inside, it injures them. I hope in the future you will think about this before posting such a comment.

Your apology is accepted and I hope this issue has been put to rest.

Thank you.