Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

here is a better pic of the plug.
    i'm going to go ahead and replace the fuel pump. i need the car to be working again and the pump is the only thing thats off and on. power to it was still there yesterday when it would not run, so i'm calling it the problem. the wife needs the car to take her license test soon or she will have to take the required 5 HR coarse again before testing for her license.

thanks for all the help and ideas.
    James

as for the burnt plug i probably caused that when i sent power strait to the pump when it was stopped yesterday or the day before whatever it was. it was during on of the i'm not going to work times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default F4n

Keep us all posted on how this turns out , because me for one , am very curious now , hope that solves the problem , Frank

i'll let ya all know how it works after the new pump.
    keep your fingers crossed for me.
    any way you look at it i want to replace the burned connector.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default whats the answer

Fun4Now, its been just over 2 weeks , so how did you make out with the fuel pump problem , where do you stand with it , or what was the cure , Inquiring Minds Whant To Know !

Man I'm slacking. I'm a former subaru tech, and I have many stock fuel pumps you can have. The pumps have intermitten(sp) problems and flake out. All pumps are in in good working order. We take them out and put big ones in.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

wow 2 weeks already ???
    i looked at ordering a new pump, but it would not get me new electrical plugs or a warranty. so i went with a used assembly from my local bone yard. this allowed me to replace the bad wire connectors and give me 60 days to return if it turned out to be relay instead of pump.

so far so good, new pump assembly is working well.

i been busy drywalling my sons room and getting my other new room dried in. i'll get back to ya asap.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES