Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree about the speeds, way too fast for most metal work. I like to look at the pulley system to see if its common or some proprietary crap. Tubings I might use a carbide holesaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Good to know- deciding between the Grizzly or Jet Swivel head bandsaw.
    Eddie, there are insignificant differences between the Grizzly and Jet products. Usually they will be seperated by a bell or whistle or two. If you look into the products closely you'll usually find that they both offer jimcracks to each model that the other doesn't have. So, basically, it comes down to which set of bell and whistles and color scheme you prefer. With that said, the Grizzly model is usually significantly cheaper and they subsidize their shipping to a greater extent...though Jet will often offer free shipping on some of their product line.

Edit: Ed, after looking at Kevin's Ellis you can even consider a Jet or a Grizzly swivel head bandsaw? There ought to be a slew of L.A. Chopper wannabees out there going under and selling their equipment on Craigslist. Bought my Ellis 3000 for $1500 and you could almost put Kevin's Ellis on its cutting table. I've owned a higher end Grizzly bandsaw prior to the Ellis and let me say that they aren't built as well by a whole long stretch. To be fair, the Grizzly was a metal cutting demon, but not in the same league as an Ellis.
    Last edited by WyoRoy; 09-15-2008 at 09:26 AM.

I know Roy but space is limited.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    I know Roy but space is limited.
    Eddie,
    Its about time the boys at Screaming Broc had a machine shop for repairs...

I don't know what you guys think about RIGID tools, they seem to have a nice drill press that is reasonably priced.

Anyone have one and if so are they any good for $299?

The best part of the RIGID brand is that they are guaranteed for life. This includes the batteries on the cordless tools.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I don't know what you guys think about RIGID tools, they seem to have a nice drill press that is reasonably priced.

Anyone have one and if so are they any good for $299?

The best part of the RIGID brand is that they are guaranteed for life. This includes the batteries on the cordless tools.

Nick
    Rigid is owned now by Emerson Electric who was once, and may still be, a prime supplier for Sears power tools. Probably a fairly close knock-off to the Craftsman line-up...least their shop vacs are.