Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I bet it has to do with the government not looking at the line items on the returns to determine your category.

I made a bunch of money in the first half of the year when I was working for 3M, then worked for another outfit, then worked on building the shop. So since I spent more than I made, it didn't work out well for me with the stimulus check. But I got to pay more in property taxes...
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    a great first project for your ring roller is to roll a ring for the handle's...i used 5/8" all thread. i had a piece out back collecting rust so it was a good choice. it also gives great grip.
    you will find the roller much nicer and easy-er to use after you add a ring.
    I got me one of those 5/8 rods so I will definately do that...thanks for the tip.
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

[QUOTE=KEENAVV;158485]Thank you LOUD GREEN VEGATABLE. I just ordered one./QUOTE]

I got it. The outer box was fine, the inner-orignal box- looked like it had been dropped 50'. The top was so bent the shaft wouldn't go through the bearings even after loosening them. After 3 phone calls I got an RMA# ,re packed it and FED EX is to pick it up for return tomarrow.

[QUOTE=KEENAVV;159885]
    Quote Originally Posted by KEENAVV View Post
    Thank you LOUD GREEN VEGATABLE. I just ordered one./QUOTE]

I got it. The outer box was fine, the inner-orignal box- looked like it had been dropped 50'. The top was so bent the shaft wouldn't go through the bearings even after loosening them. After 3 phone calls I got an RMA# ,re packed it and FED EX is to pick it up for return tomarrow.
    That sucks.

Hope the next one arrives in good working order.

They do work good.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

[QUOTE=KEENAVV;159885]
    Quote Originally Posted by KEENAVV View Post
    Thank you LOUD GREEN VEGATABLE. I just ordered one./QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought mine wudn't gonna work either, but when I loosened all of the 8 screws the rod was able to fit. I rolled a 5/8 inch all threaded rod for the ring...pitiful I say. The ring roller works, but I started the first part of it to small so it's not exactly circular But it is easier than just using the handles.
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

Unhappy bummer, hope the next one is ok.

seems like a lot of them arrive beat up a bit or a lot. a little fiddling usualy gets it togather and working. i suspect its the size of the box VS how heavy it is. it gets 1/2 way picked up not expecting it to be so heavy and as such the picker dose not have a good hold and down it goes. or it could just be crappy service. but when you get one working you will be glad you got threw the hassle and have a neat new toy.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I just got ring roller#2 and the inner box also looks like it has been dropped. Not as bad as the first one. The shaft wont go through bearings but is much closer than #1.In the AM I'll loosen the bearing bolts and try again.

The shaft went in when the flange bearings were loosened. The cotter pin had to be ground to fit the shaft and handle hub. I am going to drill new mounting holes in the base to match the base of my HF bender. I already have shields with bolts in the driveway and garage. Is this what you call a hijack????

Smile

I also bought the same Ring roller it looked like it had been dragged to my shop .spent 4 hours with hammer and press but works very good. Thanks UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
    I also bought the same Ring roller it looked like it had been dragged to my shop .spent 4 hours with hammer and press but works very good. Thanks UPS.
    That is pronounced Oops
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus