Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm thinking, hmmmm, plasma cutter
    You're thinking RIGHT!
    "If you build it, they will come!"

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Looks more like 2" or 1-1/2"

I figger the Rod used for the Tools is 1/2" could be 5/8"
    I just went and measured our tools and they are out of 5/16 rod...and they've always seemed pretty stout.
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

Default Would!

Quote Originally Posted by benny365 View Post
    Made me chuckle!!
    Sounds like this might be from one of those "More mentally challenged welders!"
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Lightbulb

a great first project for your ring roller is to roll a ring for the handle's.
    the fancy big $ ones come with a wheel for a handle and once you start using it you will see why.
    i used 5/8" all thread. i had a piece out back collecting rust so it was a good choice. it also gives great grip.
    you will find the roller much nicer and easy-er to use after you add a ring.

as for the plasma cutter, man are they fun. you may at first find yourself cutting up more stuff than you should be, luckily you have a welder and can quickly fix it to hide this lose of control from the wife.

a 4.5" grinder and some flap disks will be a welcome addition that will get used more than all the others. well worth the investment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fun4now; 09-16-2008 at 11:35 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    so it's like the welder was free.
    yeah? How much you spend since you got the "free" welder?

ain't nuttin free
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I just went and measured our tools and they are out of 5/16 rod...and they've always seemed pretty stout.
    Ok- then use 5/16

I am going to stop GUESSING at the size since folks seem to take the GUESSING part of the GUESSING request about the size material used on the would(sic) rack for actual measurements.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

yeah? How much you spend since you got the "free" welder?

way more than he thought he would, and no where near all he will.

it just keeps adding up, but boy is it fun.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

How'd you get a $1500 stimulus check?

I spent over $40K on my business last year and I only got $300.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Default Holder

Anybody want to make a guess what size the bar is on that wood holder (1st post)?
    Do you mean "would" holder? $1500, well, goes to show where our tax dollars go!!!
    Last edited by lanceman73; 09-17-2008 at 02:12 AM.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Ok- then use 5/16

I am going to stop GUESSING at the size since folks seem to take the GUESSING part of the GUESSING request about the size material used on the would(sic) rack for actual measurements.
    Hey, those were good guesses 3/8 by 1 1/2 looks right on those uprights...just seemed huge to me.

Yeah, I spent $1500 on the free welder, and about $1000 on steel so far and then there's the bender and ring roller and clamps, and grinder, well ya'll know what I mean I could use another economic stimulus payment.

Why I got $1500, don't know. The letter said $1200 for Filing status and $300 for qualifying children (one). It also said I don't need to report this as income in 2008
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55