Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Ouch- not me brudda- I would have just purchased a Roller-

I picked up this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheet-Metal-Pede...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thank you LOUD GREEN VEGATABLE. I just ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by KEENAVV View Post
    Thank you LOUD GREEN VEGATABLE. I just ordered one.
    Me too . They turned down my $79 best offer bid, but took took my $95 best offer bid. Saved $14, woo-hoo.
    Last edited by curly; 09-14-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

Anybody want to make a guess what size the bar is on that wood holder (1st post)?
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

Quote Originally Posted by curly View Post
    Anybody want to make a guess what size the bar is on that wood holder (1st post)?

Feet= 3/16"
    Up Rights= 3/8"
    Arch= 3/16"
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Feet= 3/16"
    Up Rights= 3/8"
    Arch= 3/16"
    Crocky, I bgt 1/8 for the whole thing. Guess I can use 1/8 where the 3/16 is and buy some 3/8 for the other. It is all 1 inch bar though right?

Thanks,
    Curly
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

Crocky, I bgt 1/8 for the whole thing. Guess I can use 1/8 where the 3/16 is and buy some 3/8 for the other. It is all 1 inch bar though right?

Thanks,
    Curly
    Looks more like 2" or 1-1/2"

I figger the Rod used for the Tools is 1/2" could be 5/8"
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I say it's all 1" wide except for the tool hangers.

Nice little rack/set. I might have to make one of those...
    Last edited by Marcel Bauer; 09-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    "If you build it, they will come!"

Looks more like 2" or 1-1/2"

I figger the Rod used for the Tools is 1/2" could be 5/8"
    We're gonna use our old tools. But they won't hang like that, I'll have to devise a different hanging method. But it is definately gonna clean up our hearth area. Everytime I walk by there I cringe at the mess.

I finished my rollie cart thing for the bandsaw. Man, I can't weld worth a diddly, but it sure is fun melting that stuff together, I wish I woulda started long time ago.
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55

We're gonna use our old tools. But they won't hang like that, I'll have to devise a different hanging method. But it is definately gonna clean up our hearth area. Everytime I walk by there I cringe at the mess.

I finished my rollie cart thing for the bandsaw. Man, I can't weld worth a diddly, but it sure is fun melting that stuff together, I wish I woulda started long time ago.
    Not saying ya gotta use 1/2"- just using the Tools as reference for guessing the Flat stock width.

1" seems rather narrow
    A business card is 2"x3.5"

1/8" Flat stock is not very stiff, it will start to bow under its own weight at about 2 feet but anyhoo you can always just use more of it

Probably won't look anything like what ya the thought in the beginning but that is part of the fun and value of purchasing the machine - Now you can build it how ever you want.

Beer seems to taste better at the end of the day too.
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Not saying ya gotta use 1/2"- just using the Tools as reference for guessing the Flat stock width.

1" seems rather narrow
    A business card is 2"x3.5"

1/8" Flat stock is not very stiff, it will start to bow under its own weight at about 2 feet but anyhoo you can always just use more of it

Probably won't look anything like what ya the thought in the beginning but that is part of the fun and value of purchasing the machine - Now you can build it how ever you want.

Beer seems to taste better at the end of the day too.

I didn't see any 3/16 or 3/8 at the place I bgt the steel. It may have been there, but I was looking at 1/8 and 1/4. The 1/4" looked huge, I was wondering if I could even bend it with the bender that I have yet to receive, so I went for the 1/8". But I think I'm gonna just go back and get the 3/16" and 3/8" for all of it. I'm sure I'll use that 1/8" for something else.

You're right, it prolly won't look exactly like that or exactly like I was even thinking, but it will be exactly the size I want, which is a huge treat. I still can't believe that dude is selling for $260

I got a letter from the IRS yesterday that said I'm gettin $1500 back as an economic stimulus payment...and I was duely stimulated That's what I paid for the welder, so it's like the welder was free. I'm thinking, hmmmm, plasma cutter
    Millermatic 212
    1998 Heritage Springer
    Kioti DK55