I am a total car guy but a complete welder newbie.

I am ready to buy a welder and my wifes uncle (pro welder by trade) says get a tig but he is not a car guy.

I always see guys using mig for most car stuff like body panels unless its trick stuff like intakes.

The Tig I was looking at is the dyn 200dx. I want something that is not gonna hold me back for the garage mech in me.

Mig would be a 250 or something that size.

Can I do anything auto related with tig? I dont mind if its gonna take a little longer if I can do it and it be as strong.

Also could you just use the stick for body panels or is that totally different from mig as an end result.