Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any update on determining what the problem was/is?

i think the wire speed selector is the best sugjestion so far. if he is getting spark and gas i dont think its a bad conection at the gun, although thats the normal problem its probly not the case here.
    i suspect its going to need to see a teck to check the board and or speed controle selector. you might check for a lose conection at the speed controle switch as it's the only outside link to the motor and may be causing the low readings do to a poor conection.
    defenetly keep us posted, inquireing minds want to know.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Brian1 Guest

Updates?

I am having a similar problem with my 130XP. The gas solenoid and arc work but the wire feed motor does not work. It keeps blowing the internal fuse after only running for a brief second. I took the motor off and hooked up the meter and it was getting 20.x volts to the motor and did not blow the fuse with the motor disconnected. I also noticed a very small amount of smoke come out of the motor so I took the motor housing off to see if I found anything out of the ordinary and it looks fine. I was able to turn the motor so it is not locked up. I have not measured the resistance of the rheostat yet or hooked the motor up to any power outside of the welder. Bad startup capacator? Bad motor?