Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fat-Fab.com

James James James join the 21st century and get off that dial up

wish i could, but too many cow's not enough people out where i live, its not an option. i cant even get the fast dial up (dsl i think it is), the lines are to old and wont suport it, slow is my only option.i probly couldnt aford it if it was available, but i dont have to make that choice.

cat
    you can also download a program called resize it from microsoft. it alows you to resize without even opening the pic, just right click on it and chose resize pic, the the size you want, large, med, small, and or hand held.
    prity neat you can even do multiple pic's at once, do hole folders with a quick click, it also leaves the origenal alown, just makes a coppy in the size you request.
    its a free download from microsoft . its at there site in the power toys sectio. downloads fast even on dial up.
    i can find you a link to it if you would like.

great work looking forward to seeing more.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cat,
    like I told Weldress, thanks for the inspiration and great work! Thanks for explaining how you patina'd the gate! I use a dealer over here to seal, copper paint and patina aluminum over on this side. Your way sounds similar, but cheaper!!!
    thanks again,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Hi Bert

Thx for the comments-I appreciate it.
    I see you are on Oahu-my hubby and lived in Lanikai in 1983-1985. We were both civilians for the Navy at Pearl Harbor working on Nuclear subs. That was when I was an engineer in my "former life". We used to get back to visit every year or 2 but now it's been awhile. Miss it tho. Cat

Very nice work, neighbor.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Lanikai huh? I live in Kaneohe. Lucky you to have lived there! Call when you visit! My uncle and aunt moved to Mesa area there...went to visit them a few years ago in August!!!!!!!! bad mistake
    I'm not late...

Default thx

George - are you sweltering too? These 115 degree days are zapping my energy; it was just too hot to try and weld thurs and fri (in a closed unairconditioned garage)-guess I'll have to suck it up for Monday.

Bert - AZ in August is usually not a good idea. But October-May make it so worth it. Of course, you can't beat Hawaii weather! You're gonna make me want to make vacation plans...
    Cat

hey, come on down! But better let me know way in advance so I can make a bunch of questions and pick your brain Have you ever been to Kona or any of the other islands?
    I'm not late...

It's been below 100 degrees here the past weeks, and we are just now starting to get rain in the evenings. We had central air installed three weeks ago and for $100 extra the installers put vents in the garage/shop and rebalanced the system. As soon as the new insulated garage doors get here I will be in cool city and won't need to use the space heater in the winter. Be careful working in that heat, it can slip up on you before you know it ... take care ...
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Default bert; george

Hi Bert - we've been to all the islands but big island is our favorite. we really love mauna kea beach hotel (when we can afford it) but have tried a few others. sometimes we just go to oahu to visit sandy beach, eat at the poi bowl (i love kalua pig), drive to the north shore, and just revisit our old haunts. used to get together with friends from pearl but everyone's kind of scattered now. i'm guessing we will have to head back next year now that you have me thinking about it....
    what kind of work do you do?
    Cat

George - I can't believe that you are that much cooler than us. the monsoons are just starting so the temps should come down and the humidity go up. I just have to get my mind set and get out there working (it helps right now that i'm not working on any projects with deadlines but that won't last). airconditioning and heat - what a treat that would be! what kind of work do you do? Cat

George,
    wow, $100 bucks is cheap for them to do all that extra work!! lucky you!

Cat, awsome! Big Island is my favorite also! Kauai is my wife's...Our dream is to live in Hilo with a 3 or 4 acres, so the grinding noise won't bother the neighbors...but not enough work in Hilo/Puna area...I'm in the Ironworker's Union working at the Chevron plant in Cambell Industrial. Got intrested enough to go back to college, got almost straight A's in computer degree, didn't love it, did 2 years welding degree, joined the Ironworker's Union, they put me doing the glass in the new high rises in Waikiki. Just started at Chevron almost 2 months ago. Now I'm actually welding all stick. Will be doing the H3 shutdown in August I think, they MIG everything there so I hear.Love doing this more than glass...

bert
    I'm not late...