Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: spray welding

Post #4 is different than what you just said. Still confused.

Default monte55

My bad! I started typing before I was done thinking. post 4 is correct argon/ oxygen mix. Sorry, Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Then is 90/10 correct being argon/co2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I understand the 210 will spray also. Anybody here know? Also can you explain the gasses needed to spray other than just #'s......what is 98/2 etc.?

The MM 210 will spray arc an .030 solid wire real well, with a gas mixture of 98% argon / 2% oxygen, also known as 98/2. This is really about the only gas mixture worth try to use for spray transfer with a MM 210.

Understand though the 210 doesn't have the duty cycle to be a production unit in spray transfer mode. For home use, and farm repair work it works just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Then is 90/10 correct being argon/co2 ?
    Yeah, 90/10 is 90% argon / 10% COČ

Thanks guys for the comeback guys..........I really want a 210 or a 251

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Also, I heard spray isn't just for thin stuff, it's also great for thicker material, as penetration is really good...comments?
    Due to the higher heat input, the spray transfer arc that your 251 is capable of producing is best on 3/16" and thicker mild steel. Really no need to spray arc anything thinner then this anyway, because as long as the machine is set correctly, an .030 solid wire and C-25 are quite capable of producing very sound welds on 1/8" and thinner.

Danny, thanks a lot! Will try it this weekend
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Danny, is there anything special, different mig tip, etc.? or do you just turn up the heat?
    thanks,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

i think its just the power causing the steel to liquefy sooner rather than when it comes into contact with the steel like in short circuit transfer. same with globular no special equipment consumables needed just the proper setting and gas. gas being a big part in the MM210 as its at the top of its settings to reach spray. not shore about needing it with the 252.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES