Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default New guy saying hi.

Hello everyone. I'm new here so I wanted to drop a line and say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to Millers but not new to welding. I grew up using Lincolns and bled crimson red until I went to Airgas to buy my new machine after wearing out my old one out. I had a Lincoln 200 that was a 77 model, a hand me down from my father. I was going to buy the Lincoln Ranger but came home with the Bobcat. I really like the switch that lets me change from stick to tig so easily. I dont like swapping leads around on the Ranger. I started welding around 7, kind of typical for Texas I guess. There are alot of welders around my area because of the oil industr here. When I say started, I should add that basically I just wasted my dads rods while I dirt dobbed. Over time I became proficent, but at 17 I graduated and ran off to the Army for four years. I got out last August and was lucky enough to get a job at a pipeline company. Now I'm back to welding and spend alot of my time building hunting blinds and trailers. I'm lucky enough that at work I can be around welders all the time that are willing to teach me what they can when they have the chance. I've got a laundry list of projects to build right now and as I work on them I'll post pics.

Welcome!!!
    You've probably noticed that this is not a strictly blue site, but blue is better.
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects. There is also a lot of talent on this site if you need help on anything. Not just welding talent either.

Have fun and enjoy.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Welcome to the forum JDM. Lots of talented folks here who can enhance your welding knowledge and provide insight into many different areas of metal work.
    Jim