Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quick useful helper

My tig torch is very light and the weight of its cable keeps pulling it off the welding table just about breaking the cup. A while back some guys posted
    pics of a torch holder with a magnetic base. I think they were just for a horz flat surface. Then I had an idea to make one but a little more versatile. I took an inexpensive magnetic base, for dial indicaters, took the adjustable arm off leaving the tightening knob on. I then formed a piece of 3/8 round which fits the bore on the base to hold my torch. It can hold your torch or mig gun in just about any position and on round as well as flat steel. This might be helpful for people doing roll cages in the vehicle. Here is some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by monte55; 06-29-2007 at 10:23 PM.

nice lil gaget.
    i just slip mine ito a pice of pipe atached to a magnet. your's is much fancyer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool

thats cool . i need ta make one
    welding...its awsome

Default torch holder

monte55, Nice tool you've come up with. I use a pair of 6" welding clamps for mine, but now I've gotta make one like yours, it's not like I don't have enough projects already. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Cool Tig torch

Hey that's pretty cool good thinking.A stick anywhere base

NICE!!

Without much effort you could probably make some money marketing your invention.

Thanks for sharing.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTIG View Post
    Without much effort you could probably make some money marketing your invention.

Thanks for sharing.
    make me first on the list .
    welding...its awsome

it's not like I don't have enough projects already.
    never have truer words been spoken. seems like every time i go in the shop lately i have 4 more things to do then i have time for.
    i still have not had a chance to get the shop reorganized, stupid fron axel fell apart on my rideing mower last night. could they possibly make this stuff any cheaper????
    what ever you do dont buy a husky from TSC. its been designed to fall apart. and i didnt even get the cheap one, just think what that would have been like.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I like it, did you enter it in the weekend welder challenge? looks like it could be a contender
    Trailblazer 302G
    MM 210 with spool gun
    Thermal Arc Heffty2 CC/CV suitcase
    Smith torches
    Porter Cable 14" carbide chop saw
    griders and hand tools coming out the WAZOO

I owe! I owe! so off to work I go!