Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
I found an old Miller Bluestar series 1 engine drive on Craigs list today. The guy I got it from is a retired machinist and has a virtual museum in his back yard and sheds, I have never seen so many steam engines in one place before. He's currently building a steam engine powered saw mill. He's also got a 1942 Diamond REO 2 1/2 ton flatbed truck sitting back there that I would love to get my grubby little hands on as well.

Anyways, I did a quick search of the serial number and found that it is a 1977 model with a 16 h.p. Kohler motor. For $200.00 I couldn't pass it up.

Dragged it home, stuck a battery in it and some fuel, hit the switch and starter button and it fired right up. I will have to get a new solenoid for the throttle kick down, I can kick it down by hand but won't do it automatically as it should. I haven't tried to weld with it yet as I have to take the leads from my Bobcat to try it out.

What's your opinion? Think I did good on this one?
I have what looks like the same engine on a Lincoln 125. Mine is a rope start (wind the rope around the pulley and PULL!). I've never seen a engine so easy to start. My Lincoln could use paint, but probably won't get it. My machine doesn't have a idle solenoid, I just have a two place throttle knob, idle and weld.

I don't use it a lot, but it sure can be handy away from the shop. I found mine in a garage sale, and I'm happy to have it. All my other machines are Miller.

John