Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Materials Rack

Threaded View

Default Materials Rack

Well, I finally grew tired of storing all my scrap material on the ground, table, against the wall... you get the idea.

I've never had a proper materials rack (just like I've never really had a proper MIG cart), so... instead of running all that rusty steel to the recycling center (an event that obviously was NEVER going to happen), I turned it into something useful. Check out the big brain on Chris. I really just wanted to say, "Nice rack."

This cart was made entirely of things I was tripping over every day in the shop.

1) Had this formed cart, complete with locking castors. On the cart is basically my version of a "plan." Hmm.. I'll use tubing and all those short lengths of 3/8" round stainless rod I have left over from a previous project. Make it work.

2) Had the 1" x .120 square tubing; bent it up like so.

3) I think this thing's gonna work. Zipped it up zing-bang! Where'd I put that can o' spray paint?

4) Loaded.

5) Another view.

I wish I had a picture of the mess of metal to emphasize just how much this little rack has helped me out. But I don't.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisgay@sbcglo; 08-24-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Ummmm... I forgot the pictures.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.