Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thumbs up

thanks alot

Inferno Forge

Chris

James, thanks a lot, GREAT STUFF!!!
    Receiver Hitches. Nice! I'm guessing you built the box frame for it...true?
    The hanging sign one. Letters looked SHARP! I'm guessing that's where most of the time was with the jeweler's file?
    thanks in advance,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

i just used some 2"X2" square tube for the slide in part and some 1" angel irn to seperate the white pre-drilled back from the black front.
    i was going to add a light but the price was growing too past.
    yep the letters needed the most clen up as i needed to cut so slowly to stay on line and even then its better to leave a little to file off then it is to take too much off.
    depending on the hand stability & cut speed you can get some clean cuts or some shaky cuts. the lil spect.125-c has been a great lil plasma cutter. i'm realy glad i got it, sad i couldnt sell any for the stuff i made with it but still glad i had it to play with.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thanks James What gauge metal did you use?
    Ever try selling it on eBay or somewhere where the soldiers now in Iraq would buy some?
    I'm not late...

they just get lost in the sea for other stuff on e-bay. tryed it once it got seen by about 3 people after listing it 2 times in a row.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

wow, BUMMER!!!
    well, if I get any ideas, I'll let you know...
    what gauge metal did you use?
    I'm not late...

i used 16 gage i think but it might be 14gage i'll take a look next time im out in the shop. its good thick stuff so it holds its shape and will last.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

...i'll take a look next time im out in the shop... what's that, 40ft away? you lucky dog!!!!!!!!
    Also, what are your prices for:
    receiver hitch
    sign with flag holder
    hanging sign?
    thanks so much again...
    I'm not late...

its realy more like 75 ft to the 2nd shop the big new one is only 40ft away, but the POW stuff is in the old shop that 75ish .
    i cant remember for posotive what i was asking for them but i think it was like $65 & $25 for the flag holder & hitch plug. and 20% of that went to the veterans outreach program center in town. that seems like a lot i guess but its like $2 an hr.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

almost forgott i didnt make it out to the shop tonight we went to see the transformer's and new die hard movies at the drive in, just got home. i'll check them in the AM for ya for size.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES