Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Talking

try to have some pics of it in a few days

Inferno Forge

Chris

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    that would make a cool coaster.
    you could use a large paper cut too just cut off the top1" set it on foil with the disk in the center, fill with epoxy then cut off the cup after. one clear disk with a disk in it.
    the pipe would be easyer though, and add some steel to the project.
    i could make one of those coaster holders out of steel plus i could throw the coasters including holder off a cliff and they would still look like new . i coud make a piece of plate with bars coming up and have some of those stick on chair pads on the bottom of it so it wont scratch up the glass on the coffee table or anything. gotta talk to my g-pa cause he builds airplanes and keeps resin and stuff in a good supply. its pretty cool to help and see the stuff hes built even if most of its made of fiderglass. in fact my dads gonna have some scrap steel plate off a big computers case about 1/16 inch thick that hes scrapin that he said i could have woohoo free custom coasters . thanks for all the ideas guys

p.s. hope to see the table pics soon when u gat the chance
    welding...its awsome

HALLLOOOOO!!!!! PICS AREN'T COMING FAST ENOUGH!!!!
    watcha teasing us for with starting this thread????!!!!!
    this could be a VERY cool contest!!!
    Top winners of the coolest custom coasters made!!! I'll put up some kinda prize if you guys are intrested! Since we spend so much time on the computer helping/learning from each other...why not?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

i wasent making one just throwing out idea's. but now that theres a chalenge and a prize, well im still most likely not going to make one. sorry no epoxie or the $$ to get it, can i submitt an unfinished one without the clear coat epoxie???

Dyn200 W/O TIG get down to e-bay and get that thing a torch.LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

hows this i post some regular grinding wheels . still have to find time to go out to grandparents house and get a ride . and am still waitin on dad to tear down comp so im at a stand still.
    welding...its awsome

Default Another one for the books

This is the 2nd post I have viewed in the Miller Forum. I'm beginning to wonder if I landed in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by KCAir View Post
    This is the 2nd post I have viewed in the Miller Forum. I'm beginning to wonder if I landed in the wrong place.
    haha . thats great. whats funny is u probly picked the 2 most uniformative threads on here to read first . keep lookin there is some good stuff on here.
    welding...its awsome

KCAir
    considering the post is titled "coffee table 4 computer desk" what were you expecting?? there is a lot of great info on here but there is also a lot of good guys haveing a lil fun from time to time and even some non-welding related projects. if you need info on anything in perticular feel free to ask and most likely you will get more info than you need. we like helping out, but we are not text book, we also like haveing a lil fun. i thought the hitch joke was a hoot.
    welcome to the site.

i think if you just want a quick welding related coaster, just grab a 4.5" cut off blade and its ready as is. 1/16" thick and big enough to hold your cup.i'll post some pic's for those of you without the abillity to picture this one in your mind.
    talk about a waist of film.LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

James,
    coasters don't have to be the sanding disk pads with epoxy or nothing like that. I'm thinking just metal artwork of some kind that we all can make. Course it would have to have some kind of indentation to hold the water (napkin would hide the artwork). Any ideas guys? or will we forgoe the idea?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    KCAir
    considering the post is titled "coffee table 4 computer desk" what were you expecting?? there is a lot of great info on here but there is also a lot of good guys haveing a lil fun from time to time and even some non-welding related projects. if you need info on anything in perticular feel free to ask and most likely you will get more info than you need. we like helping out, but we are not text book, we also like haveing a lil fun. i thought the hitch joke was a hoot.
    welcome to the site.

i think if you just want a quick welding related coaster, just grab a 4.5" cut off blade and its ready as is. 1/16" thick and big enough to hold your cup.i'll post some pic's for those of you without the abillity to picture this one in your mind.
    talk about a waist of film.LOL
    What he said!
    I didn`t have thing other to build ,it was just a bunch of scarp ,
    P.S. their is some VERY Info feeled theards on here just look around ,you gotta have fun ever once in a while ,feel free to ask ??s

Inferno Forge

Chris