Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cylinder heads

Hybrid View

Default Cylinder heads

Hey Guys, I'm knew on here, wanted to say Hey and ask a question. I've been reading as many old post as I can, but haven't come across any on welding cylinder heads for cars,bike and tractors. ect. Can anyone give me some information on this or point me to a site where I can find it? Thanks, Willy T

Cool

This is the rod i like for stick welding. It doesn't need much pre heat and makes a nice soft weld that can be machined. Its about 25 bucks for a tube of it at my LWS...Bob
    Crown 255 Nickel Alloy Electrode for Cast Iron (E NiFe-CI)
    http://www.crownalloys.com/page10.pdf
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Cast iron or aluminum?
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Thanks for the info on the rods. I will give them a time. I am looking into doing both cast iron and aluminum. There is a need in the area and no one else is doing this to my knowledge.
    Thanks,Willy T

Question

welcome to the site.
    what options do you have to do the repair with ?? TIG/Stick/MIG/OA???? and what skill level are you working at ?? 1/2 year welding experience with MIG only or 20 years in a nuck plant with TIG and every thing else ??

not trying to be a jerk, just looking for a little info to help the guys that do this all the time have a better idea as to what would be the best response for ya. after all there is more than one way to skin a cat if ya have the right tools, some are better than others. the more info you give, the more likely you are to get more responses. good to know your options.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Well I don't have a tig set up yet. I have stick,mig and oa. I have been welding fulltime for 5+ years and here and there when needed before that. I'm very good at at both stick and mig and good at oa don't get much practice at it.
    I have not tried welding heads or blocks before so anything you can send my way would be excellent.

Thanks for the welcome, looks like a great site!