Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default anybody have plans for a lowboy gooseneck trailer?

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NEW-24-GOOS...742.m153.l1262

i want the deck to be 102" wide though and have the fenders heavy enough to drive a pickup over and then ill just make some wood sides i can take off

oh yeah i want enough room in the fenders to get a 265/75-16 or 285 tire in it since thats whats on the trucks so when i get new truck tires i got a new set for the trailer!! and something wider to float through the pastures

and im gonna make it flat with no dovetail, i want it as close to the ground as possible its gonna get used for haulin hay and firewood

im goin back and forth between torsion axles or air bags, if i can find a good price on some 4k or 5k bags ill probably go that route so i can raise the ride height if im in rough country

but so far it looks like i can buy a trailer and modify it for less!!
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE

Cool

Look around here and see if something catches your eye. These are some of the 500 i have built...Bob
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0have%20built/
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

That trailer went for 3K? That sounds like a deal. I don't think I could build it for cheaper. Isn't there a registration hassle with a home made trailer due to the weight rating? I'm thinking about buying one like that now.
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

yeah its a good price on it. the only thing for me is having something with the wider deck and i would like torsion or airbag suspension under it. plus i want to have the extra room in the fenders for the 265 or 285/75-16e tires too and i already have a jack, coupler, wheels and tires.

here its easy to get a home built trailer registered they will give you your tags based on what the axles are rated for and you have to get an inspection on it but thats only $12

ive had thoughts of just buyin one from them and addin onto the deck and workin overthe fenders but cant make up my mind. also i havent called them yet to see if i could drop off the parts i already have (there brand new) except for the wheels and tires but there off my horse trailer from when i put aluminum wheels on it to match the truck

im guessin its probably atleast $1500 in steel about a grand in axles dependin on which way i go and a few hundred on wood
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE