Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question how to make a free personal website?

I was wonder how would I make a free personal we site , i noticed some of You have them , would xanga.com be any good???

Inferno Forge

Chris

if ya figure it out, make one for me too.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

depends on what ya wanna do? i would prefer myspace myself but i cant use mine anymore.
    welding...its awsome

I have done several on different servers... I think the best one that I have is on WWW.PSEND.COM you can get 20 megs for free, and for $10.00 a years keep all the advertising and popups off the page. go to Yahoo.com for their domain registration, and then have Yahoo redirect to your psend site... here is mine www.jimy0.com or http://jimyo.psend.com both will take you to the same webpage the www.Jimy0.com is yahoo redirecting to the same psend page. www.jimyo.com is redirecting to a set of pages within the http://jimyo.psend.com address that I pay 10.00 a year to keep the adds off. Bottom line .. 2 redirect addresses that are easy to remember which go to one psend server. Hope that helps, if not send me an email and I can talk you through the process. there are others. Perhaps you might google "free web pages" and go from there.
    Jim
    Last edited by JimYoung; 06-26-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

Lightbulb

heres a setup this is out of the question for u but. my dads an iseries tek for ibm and got a as400 (big storage server computer) for free from somebody and we have whats called static ip`s on our internet and bunch of other stuff so he can work on his as400 when out of town and he can set up sites and email acounts for free . its pretty cool hes setup email acounts and has a family website for mom to post family pics and stuff on she might make a blog i dont know.
    Last edited by weld_13; 06-25-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: miller server took out an apropriate word dont know why?
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    heres a setup this is out of the question for u but. my dads an iseries tek for ibm and got a as400 (big storage server computer) for free from somebody and we have whats called static ip`s on our internet and bunch of other stuff so he can work on his as400 when out of town and he can set up sites and email acounts for free . its pretty cool hes setup email acounts and has a family website for mom to post family pics and stuff on she might make a blog i dont know.
    If its static (fixed IP address) then you can still go to yahoo or any other registration service and register the name you want and have them redirect to your Dad's IP address. I suspect that he is aware of firewall requirements for servers that connect into the web... when you open that server to the web and start sending it traffic , "The bad guys will come" ... and, the http://www.xanga.com/ is taken so you will have to search the registry service for another one..
    Jim

yeh i know all the firewalls we have are confusin . but he does have it setup right .
    welding...its awsome

Default some webhosting info

Jim, he was not trying to purchase the name "xanga.com", but rather using them as his webhosting/internet blog service.

Another up and coming webhosting service to look into is google pages. YEs, our favorite web search company is offering webhosting: pages.google.com

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsp6 View Post
    Jim, he was not trying to purchase the name "xanga.com", but rather using them as his webhosting/internet blog service.

Another up and coming webhosting service to look into is google pages. YEs, our favorite web search company is offering webhosting: pages.google.com
    Since his Dad has a server, and has built a family webpage on it, I don't understand why he does not add his on his Dad's server with a re-direct name only. In other words, buy a name for the registry and have it go to his Dads machine...
    Like telling www.jimyo.com to go to his dads server (IP address) ..
    anyway, not much more that I can provide.. I guess the only issue really is "how much bandwidth his Dad is willing to buy" .. then again that might not even be an issue
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimYoung View Post
    Since his Dad has a server, and has built a family webpage on it, I don't understand why he does not add his on his Dad's server with a re-direct name only. In other words, buy a name for the registry and have it go to his Dads machine...
    Like telling www.jimyo.com to go to his dads server (IP address) ..
    anyway, not much more that I can provide.. I guess the only issue really is "how much bandwidth his Dad is willing to buy" .. then again that might not even be an issue
    Jim
    ya must be mixed up, ive got the server wireburner`s looking for blog sites. just figured i would clear the misunderstanding
    welding...its awsome