Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    I`am going to save up enough and buy a new stick machine but don`t know which 1 The lincoln AC-225C, or the Lincoln AC/DC 225/125, Or should I geta Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225 AC, Or shold I get the Miller Thunderbolt® XL 225/150 AC/DC ,
    Choosing an AC/DC will allow for more welding options should you find it easy to become proficient with SMAW. As for name brand- Both that you have mentioned have good reputations. Don’t forget about Sears- easy credit then you’ll be stick welding sooner. What about Harbor Freight from reading the threads from there stuff might provide a cheaper option? Good luck with the SMAW it will be faster than TIG and the bonus is you can still weld with your fan blowing on you during the hot days of summer.
    Martin
    Welding Technician
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector
    AWS Certified Welding Educator
    ASNT ACCP Level II VT/GI/D
    www.linkedin.com/pub/martin-cramer/20/b36/940/

Wink

I was wondering how , Harbor freight s are and campbeel hausfeild ,just wanted to know

Inferno Forge

Chris

reckon this would be a good machinehttp://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...291&pricetype= do any of y`all have one like ?

Inferno Forge

Chris

To be honest i picked up that same machine from the store and returned it without even using it because it was to cheapo. It doesnt have amp settings or a foot pedal ect. I would check into a century if you looking for cheap and durable.
    welding...its awsome

na I probally get a Lincoln or a miller I was just wondering, and also My cuosin had a Century and it was a pain in the Butt to get parts for
    Last edited by wireburner; 07-20-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Opps!!

Inferno Forge

Chris

ooo didnt no that
    welding...its awsome

Jesus,

Reading through this thread I was beginning to think that somehow wires got crossed and we were receiving some 12 year old's instant messages.

I'm not the grammar police, but, are we not teaching english in the schools anymore?

going with any of the main brands will get you a decent welder that will likely have parts available for a wile. the only diference will be the feel of the arc some are softer then others esab is said to have a crisp arc ??
    if you are fond of the blue welders get one. i wnet Miller because i knew it was a brand i could count on and it was top quality. got my MM135 & my plasma cutter threw them, ben realy happy with both of many years now. had to get a TA-185 insted of a Dyn200 just due to $$. i'm a hobby welder and the dyn was just too much $$.
    i did however reserch the TA-185 thurowly and fallowed it on the diferent forems for about 3 years befor going with it.many have it and are happy with almost no reports of problems. for a hobby guy the $1750 i spent on it was tuff to get but better than the $2800 needed for the Dyn.

so get what you can aford that still a good maker and you will be fine.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Jesus,

Reading through this thread I was beginning to think that somehow wires got crossed and we were receiving some 12 year old's instant messages.

I'm not the grammar police, but, are we not teaching english in the schools anymore?
    Yeh they are and if you have a problem can you please just say something. Im sorry for my i guess ''punk talk''. They are still teaching common courtesy too.
    welding...its awsome

SundownIII,
    Get with it man!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't you know??? There 13!!! NOT 12!!!!!
    If you want to get into grammer and spelling, can we start ragging on
    James(Fun4now)...PLEASE???!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time