Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

cool, i'll see ya on thursday. i got a tandum boat trailor i need to turn into a car carryer you can give me some advice on wile im there.
    not shore i'll have any $$ left for the luch though, i might have to sell it along the way to cover the gas bill.
    Anti-GMAW
    thanks i try my best, but just like every one else i do have my bad days. but its nice to think i'm though of that way by others.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I know that there are guys out there that still try to be professional about stuff, but the biggest problems I run into that really make me mad are the situations where a contractor comes in and thinks he owns the place. It doesn't matter who else's work he tears up, the only thing that matters is his job. Get in, get out and get paid. I was raised to respect the work of other as your own and try to accommodate the next guy as much as possible and do as little damage as possible. Especially if it is a related trade that you work around on a regular basis and have a running idea of what their needs are. We've all been in the situation where the thought when through your head..."If such and such had only taken an extra five minutes I could have been out of here four hours ago!" Just my $.02 SSS

Talking

[QUOTE][We've all been in the situation where the thought when through your head..."If such and such had only taken an extra five minutes I could have been out of here four hours ago!"/QUOTE]

Every dam day!

SkidSteerSteve, I have been on quite a few construction jobs like you describe.
    I was on one job where the electricians were pulling some wire across an area that was formed and ready for concrete, they went to lunch, when they got back the wire was under the fresh poured slab. They had a reel of wire on a trailer and couldn't get any closer to what they were doing so they were pulling across the formed area. The concrete foreman says he was on a time schedule and wasn't gonna wait for no one.

On the other hand when we go in to do a renovation on a citrus packing house we use the same contractors each time. The electricians, carpenters, us welder/fabricators, painters etc.. all work together and help one another, we get the job done and every one leaves happy, no fussing or fighting. We know what needs to be done and we just do it. We help the electricians and they help us and so on and so forth. We are like one big happy dysfunctional family. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default Revenge is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning one of the guys that tried to overcharge me for the sheet steel called, he was wanting some 1 1/2"x 3/16" angle. I told him to send his driver over and I would give him directions to where I had mine stored. His driver shows up and I gave him directions to my steel supplier 120 miles away. He was mumbling something about fricken as* hole as he walked out. His boss calls me a few minutes later and tries to give me crap about it and I told him that was for the professional courtesy they showed me. I hung up as he was in mid sentence about me being an a-hole. I just smiled with satisfaction. Dave
    Last edited by dabar39; 06-27-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

now that is good...

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    This morning one of the guys that tried to overcharge me for the sheet steel called, he was wanting some 1 1/2"x 3/16" angle. I told him to send his driver over and I would give him directions to where I had mine stored. His driver shows up and I gave him directions to my steel supplier 120 miles away. He was mumbling something about fricken as* hole as he walked out. His boss calls me a few minutes later and tries to give me crap about it and I told him that was for the professional courtesy they showed me. I hung up as he was in mid sentence about me being an a-hole. I just smiled with satisfaction. Dave
    Too bad you didn't have the supplies they needed so you could offer to overcharge them.

The way you handled it is funny too though.

LOL well i guess you got the last laugh.
    but it dose show how much easyer things would be for both of you if things had gone diferently. people in similer buisnesses could be helping one another out and both prospering all the more for it. its not like you 2 are in competition for the same $$ so its just showing $ is more important than a helping had in the area when one is needed on his part, clearly he could use the help, too bad he couldnt have given it last week. didnt take long for the shoe to be on the other foot did it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default sweet revenge

Quote Originally Posted by jjsjeff View Post
    Too bad you didn't have the supplies they needed so you could offer to overcharge them.

The way you handled it is funny too though.
    Funny part is that I've got about 600' sitting in the rack against the wall, Dave

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    Funny part is that I've got about 600' sitting in the rack against the wall, Dave
    oh thats good!
    welding...its awsome